Group Seating Requests

More
30 Dec 2015 15:28 #37488 by oARCHONo
Replied by oARCHONo on topic Group Seating Requests
Wes,

Thanks for all of your hard work in getting this together. Please rename my group to "HLI" (for Hali Lake Interstellar). hli.space

-oARCHONo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Dec 2015 20:16 #37490 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Group Seating Requests

Wes
Attachments:

More
03 Jan 2016 00:51 #37502 by Myndmelt
Replied by Myndmelt on topic Group Seating Requests

garfi3ld wrote: I think I'm going to have to lock it down now. We have nearly filled the room up and we need to keep some seats open for normal registration. I will post up the updated seatmap here shortly once I work one thing out.

Jesus! Thank you for locking it down, that is a little on the insane side if all the groups pre-pay.

More
05 Jan 2016 17:59 #37514 by garfi3ld
Okay info went out to group leaders

Wes

More
05 Jan 2016 21:54 #37515 by Arkoth
Replied by Arkoth on topic Group Seating Requests
Yeah, this seems a little unfair to regular people without groups. If there were more seats available it probably wouldn't be a problem, but with people blocking out almost entire tables, it seems kind of ridiculous. There should be some rules in place like a limit on how many seats you can block off or something. I think a lot of people that are not in a group are going to be surprised when they go to sign up Friday.

More
05 Jan 2016 22:08 #37516 by garfi3ld
We did the same thing last lan as well and the feedback was very positive. We obviously had more groups this time around, this is why I had to lock things down. I have a plan for future events to help with that a little. In the end there is no perfect solution, seats sell out so quick normally that groups aren't able to get seats next to each other.

As for being surprised, that is why I detailed everything ahead of time in the original post (lanoc.org/forum/lanoc-v18-march-19th-and...noc-v18-registration) including a timeline and I sent out emails, PMs, and posted on the event Facebook group.

Wes
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreyvas

More
06 Jan 2016 01:43 #37517 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic Group Seating Requests
Pretty much the only solution...

The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreyvas, Myndmelt

We have 2001 guests and one member online

supportus