"Metro"-sexuality

More
30 Nov 2011 17:46 #21207 by chadkirchner
titleEarlier this year, HTC and Microsoft released a Windows Phone 7 device on Verizon Wireless.  Called the Trophy, this is the one and only phone presently on Verizon sporting the Windows Phone 7 interface.  With all the hype about "Windows 8" and the new user interface for that, I thought this would be an appropriate time to review not only the interface but the phone, and render a verdict on whether or not it is competition for iOS and Android.
Read more...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Nov 2011 18:41 #21208 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic "Metro"-sexuality
chad takes a look at the windows phone 7 OS and the HTC trophy

Wes

More
30 Nov 2011 21:35 #21217 by L0rdG1gabyt3
Replied by L0rdG1gabyt3 on topic Re: "Metro"-sexuality
Great review. I have been using the HTC HD7 on T-Mobile since Feb. and I really like it. My wife recently picked up a 2nd gen device and she is sporting the HTC Radar 4G. Even though the processors in our phones are the same clock speed, hers is actually faster in most day to day operations because it is a newer generation of proc.

The new flagship phones actually have faster processors, 1.4GHz vs. the standard 1GHz, and larger megapixel cameras, 8MP vs 5MP. Reviews of the 2nd gen flagship phones, HTC Titan, Samsung Focus S, and Nokia Lumia 900 have all stated that they are "very" fast.

With the next update codename Tango, support for higer resolutions is expected, and with Windows Phone 8, codename Apollo, dual core CPUs are expected.

Chad, you should update your handset to Mango. I felt that my experience was enhanced with deeper integration of social networks, adding Linkedin, and it also seemed like mine performed better. There was an overhaul of the Xbox Live hub, and the ability to stream music through Skydrive was added as well.

More
30 Nov 2011 23:24 #21224 by L0rdG1gabyt3
Replied by L0rdG1gabyt3 on topic Re: "Metro"-sexuality
If any of you Android or iOS users would like to try out the Metro UI, Microsoft has an interactive web demo that you can load up in the browser on your phone and try it out.

From what I understand, it does everything but launch apps.

m.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/demo/

We have 1940 guests and one member online

supportus