Tournament Type: Single elimination Team Format: Random Team Limit: 12 Players: 5v5 Class Limitation: 1 player per class Respawn Timer: Deathcam + 3sec (so min 8sec max 11 sec) Winning Condition:
- Control Point - First team to 2 wins or team with the highest wins at 20 minutes.
- King the the Hill - First team to 2 wins
- Payload Race - Overall winner out of the 3 stages of the race Sudden Death: Enabled
Game Type & Map: Round Map: Control Point (cp_coldfront) Semi-Final: King of the Hill (koth_nucleus) Final: Payload Race (plr_nightfall_final)
The tournaments will be played using the latest release patch. If you intended to participate, please ensure you have Team Fortress 2 downloaded and updated prior to the event.
Sign-up will take place at the event through the ALP. This is a local control panel that is available via web for everyone. If you have additional questions please contact a member of staff prior to or at the event.
For Random, players signed up for the tournament on the ALP will be randomly shuffled to teams by staff.
Date and Time:
Saturday 3-28-2015 9:00 PM
Sign-up deadline will be an hour before the tournament begins. Once the deadline passes, sign-up for the tournament will be locked. During this time, staff will generate the brackets and communicate with the teams regarding matchmaking arrangement. In the case of random teams, team rosters will also be created as soon as possible to allow maximum communication time before the tournament begins.
Standard LanOC tournament rules apply, including:
1. Attempting to cheat or do harm in any way will result in disqualification.
2. Failure to report for matchmaking within a reasonable amount of time, as determined by staff, will result in disqualification from the tournament. In the event of a team tournament, it will be up to the remaining members to decide whether to forfeit or compete without the tardy/absent player.
3. Pausing/timeouts are dictated entirely by the design of the game mode. If the game does not support or allow it, no custom pauses or timeouts will be allowed.
4. If a player is experiencing hardware or network problems, the match may be restarted within three minutes of its start.
NOTE: Tournament rules are subject to change before the event.