LANOC v12 Tournaments w/rules

More
09 Feb 2013 10:13 - 25 Feb 2013 05:44 #29347 by Plague
Based the survey results, here are the tournaments for LANOC v12. Enjoy!

CS:GO Rules
Players: 5v5
Game Mode: Classic Competitive
Team Build: Preformed* (Bring a Team)
Team Limit: 10 to 12
Team Decision: Coin toss for CT or T, winner pick who they start as.
Rounds per map: 16
Winning: The team that has 9 rounds have won the match. (not in The Grand Finale)
Team change at 8 rounds.
Time per round: 1:45 minutes
Gameplay: Single elimination.

*If you need a team there will be assistants with finding people at the LAN to make a team.

Maps:
Round 1: de_mirage
Round 2: de_train
Round 3: de_nuke
Round 4: de_dust2

Tie-breaker: de_inferno

Awesomenauts Rules:
-Format: 3v3 (Single Elimination)
-Capacity: 45 players/15 teams max
-Map: Random
-Teams: Preformed with PUG pool available
-Level: No minimum level requirement. Recommended Level 16 to get all characters
-All Items allowed
-Victory: Opponents' Base destroyed
-Click HERE for information on unlocks by level

Worms: Reloaded Rules:
-Format: 4 person free for all (Single Elimination)
-Capacity: 60 people
-Map: Randomly generated by host
-Time: 1 15 minute round. (At 15 minutes, overtime will start until a winners is decide)
-Teams: Each player will have a team of 4 worms(units)
-Victory: Defeat the other player's worms.

Note: These rules are subject to addition or change before the event.
Last edit: 25 Feb 2013 05:44 by Plague.
The following user(s) said Thank You: h4lt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Feb 2013 21:27 #29356 by Arxon
Replied by Arxon on topic LANOC v12 Tournaments w/rules
Need a CS:GO team! I am awesome at it just a fyi.

More
09 Feb 2013 21:32 #29359 by garfi3ld
The walkup tournament will be announced tonight hopefully :)

Something really exciting for it, I promise!

Wes
The following user(s) said Thank You: h4lt

More
09 Feb 2013 21:48 #29360 by Dreyvas
Excellent tournament list. Can't wait.

More
10 Feb 2013 03:06 #29373 by Redriser
I've been waiting for GO as the main game. Can't wait!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Davey_Boy

More
10 Feb 2013 04:18 #29374 by h4lt
Replied by h4lt on topic LANOC v12 Tournaments w/rules
A+ List! Looking forward to some CS:GO!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Davey_Boy

More
11 Feb 2013 09:05 - 11 Feb 2013 09:06 #29384 by shocka

Looks good to me, gonna need a team to win eurrrthing!!

At the same time I am #DISAPPOINT that there is no Call of Duty. :(

Xfire: bigdizzl3 | Steam: wwweeezzzyyy
Last edit: 11 Feb 2013 09:06 by shocka.

More
25 Feb 2013 03:07 #29621 by Slash_Fury
Could you clarify for the Awesomenauts tourney: does pick type random mean everyone HAS to play a random character?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreyvas

More
25 Feb 2013 05:46 #29622 by Plague

Slash_Fury wrote: Could you clarify for the Awesomenauts tourney: does pick type random mean everyone HAS to play a random character?

That line meant random character selection. After review, we have pulled that, it would be hard to get good team build from random selection, but if someone wants to random they still can.

More
14 Mar 2013 00:33 #29882 by Ender
Replied by Ender on topic LANOC v12 Tournaments w/rules
I'm not too excited about the tournament picks this year.

1) None of them are free.
2) None of them are majorly popular.
3) Finally, when it comes to CS, I have like all of them EXCEPT for that one because it was a package deal on steam during the holidays.

So those of us that would like to participate in the tournament have to come up with some money to shell out instead of:

1) Downloading it and trying to learn it since it's free.
2) Owning a game that a lot of people may already own (because of it's popularity) so practicing harder.
3) Sitting on the sidelines missing out on additional chances to win the glorious prizes on the tables.

Anyways, that's just my 2 cents. I just wish we could have had something that a lot of people would have already (or could have) and would involve more people at the LAN. Some game examples could have been Black Ops 2, BF3, Modern Warfare, League of Legends, HoN, DOTA, w.e The list goes on. Anyways, thanks for listening. I know these were probably all voted for and I just missed the post, but i still wanted to mention this. Also, I'm not complaining about rounding up $10-$20. I just didn't plan on spending more money that weekend than i was already going to spend =)

Ender

P.S. -

For those that haven't looked up game prices already for the 3 tournament games through Steam, here they are

Awesomenauts - $10.00
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - $15.00
Worms Reloaded - $20.00
The following user(s) said Thank You: Twodavez

More
14 Mar 2013 00:52 - 14 Mar 2013 00:53 #29884 by Dreyvas

Ender wrote: I'm not too excited about the tournament picks this year.

3) Finally, when it comes to CS, I have like all of them EXCEPT for that one because it was a package deal on steam during the holidays.

So those of us that would like to participate in the tournament have to come up with some money to shell out instead of:

2) Owning a game that a lot of people may already own (because of it's popularity) so practicing harder.
3) Sitting on the sidelines missing out on additional chances to win the glorious prizes on the tables.

Anyways, that's just my 2 cents. I just wish we could have had something that a lot of people would have already (or could have) and would involve more people at the LAN. Some game examples could have been Black Ops 2, BF3, Modern Warfare, League of Legends, HoN, DOTA, w.e The list goes on. Anyways, thanks for listening. I know these were probably all voted for and I just missed the post, but i still wanted to mention this. Also, I'm not complaining about rounding up $10-$20. I just didn't plan on spending more money that weekend than i was already going to spend =)

Ender

P.S. -

For those that haven't looked up game prices already for the 3 tournament games through Steam, here they are

Awesomenauts - $10.00
Worms Reloaded - $20.00

A ) These games have all been on sale multiple times since the tournament list was announced

B ) www.lanoc.org/forum/lanoc-v12-march-23rd...-interest-lanoc-v120
Last edit: 14 Mar 2013 00:53 by Dreyvas.

More
14 Mar 2013 01:12 #29885 by garfi3ld

Ender

P.S. -

Awesomenauts - $10.00
Worms Reloaded - $20.00

I really do appreciate your feedback but I'm not really sure how we could have handled it better honestly. We posted up the game suggestion list during V11 and announced at the LAN asking people to post up suggestions. We left that open for close to 6 months bumping it and even sending out an email to everyone asking everyone to post in it. I even added that to the emails sent out to people when they register for the lan as well (after registration started).

Then we put the results together in a poll and posted up asking everyone to vote. I emailed that out to everyone and posted it up on our facebook as well. We then went with the winners of the poll.

The reason for all of that was specifically to pick the games that the most people would be likely to play in a tournament. On top of that I posted up the sales on the forums and on facebook when Awesomenauts and CS:GO went on sale after we had announced the tournaments.

Like I said I do understand your frustration as I have been to events where I didn't like or own any of the tournaments. But from our perspective is there anything we could have done better/differently? All I want to do really is to make sure everyone has a great time, I hope everyone knows this.

Here are the posts for your reference if you are curious.

LanOC V12 servey don't skip over this

Awesomenauts 66 % off midweek madness

Games of interest v12.0

CSO On sale this weekend

Wes

More
14 Mar 2013 01:20 #29886 by Plague

Ender

P.S. -

Awesomenauts - $10.00
Worms Reloaded - $20.00

Ender thank you for the feedback, we are always interested in our attendee's opinions.

That being said, games of interest started at v11, and ran for 6 months or more. We converted that list into a survey and announced/bugged everyone vote for every game they would be interested in playing. Out of those results we got CS:GO and Worms Reloaded by popular vote.

I will say that Awesomenauts was already decided before hand, but it is around $6.67 if 3 people to got together and buy the $20 3 pack. I did that myself and still have 2 copies, so for $7.00 you can get the game.

With Worms Reload there are also ways to be in the tournament without owning the game, I know I have let play using my computer before and so have others. We can't have everyone do that, but a few is doable.

Overall since it was done by popular vote(besides Awesomenauts) I believe that most have these games already. Again thank you for the feedback, and if you don't have a game and want to be in the tournament just come see me at the LAN and we can work something out.

See you at the LAN

More
14 Mar 2013 02:58 - 14 Mar 2013 03:06 #29888 by Twodavez
Ender, I was supremely saddened to not see LoL on the list considering the number of people who consistently sign up for the game. You can count on me playing that during the LAN and we'd love to get some games of it going. I even thought about doing an unofficial tourney, and might just throw it together while we're there. The ARAM tourney last LAN was quick and pretty fun, although it was pretty hard as if you got a bad random pick, it was going to be VERY hard to come back against a randomly well constructed team.
So did LoL beat Awesomenauts in the vote, but the staff wanted to play that more. I don't mind if that's the case, i just really didn't think it would beat LoL in a vote of the users who attend this LAN...

I voted, so at least my voice was heard. Sorry you missed the post. Most people need to remember to check the site and watch their emails for updates about the upcoming LAN's. The staff needs time to plan for the events, and they do a good job of getting the information out.

NeXus LAN tourney voting ends at the end of the month. If you're going to that LAN, make sure you vote.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain
Last edit: 14 Mar 2013 03:06 by Twodavez.

More
14 Mar 2013 05:07 #29892 by garfi3ld

Twodavez wrote: So did LoL beat Awesomenauts in the vote, but the staff wanted to play that more. I don't mind if that's the case, i just really didn't think it would beat LoL in a vote of the users who attend this LAN...

We normally try to pick one tournament to keep things fresh as well. For example Worms was a staff pick last lan. Awesomenauts was picked long before the vote because it is constantly on sale for 3 dollars or less, has small team sizes to make for more teams, and overall had good feedback from people here on the forums.

LoL vs Awesomenauts shouldn't be the issue in the first place. LoL was in the vote and fell short. Honestly we expected it to win but it didn't. That is a good reminder to make sure you vote on the tournaments and post up what games you want to play. Also remember that even though LoL may seem like a game that everyone at the lan enjoys, not everyone may have been interested in doing it as a tournament again this time around (counting the LoL exhibition we did this would be the 4th time in a row).

That is all speculation on my part though really. Also thank you for the other comments and support, it means a lot. I just wanted to address your question as well. I didn't see it earlier, not sure if you edited it in later.

Wes

More
14 Mar 2013 19:49 #29898 by Ender
Thank you all for responding so quickly. =)

I don't blame anyone and kinda blame myself. I RARELY check the forums unless Ryan (Myndmelt) says something and i hop on. I wasn't at the last LAN party so i missed everything from that point on.

Anyways, that be said. I bought Awesomenauts. Time to get up to speed before NEXT Week. If i come up with some ideas for future picks for people that don't stay "involved" in the site, I'll let you know.

It's a great site, lots of content and lots of activity, I just don't find it a place i normally go to.

More
14 Mar 2013 19:51 #29899 by garfi3ld
I don't blame you at all for not checking it normally. That is why we have tried email and facebook at times when it comes to important lan info. We will find a way to make it work someday :D

Enjoy the game and let me know if you want to play I would be up for it

Wes

More
14 Mar 2013 20:35 #29900 by Ender

garfi3ld wrote: I don't blame you at all for not checking it normally. That is why we have tried email and facebook at times when it comes to important lan info. We will find a way to make it work someday :D

Enjoy the game and let me know if you want to play I would be up for it

Sounds good =) It looks interesting! I just got it installed during my lunch. I should be able to test it out tonight!

More
14 Mar 2013 23:39 #29901 by Arxon
Replied by Arxon on topic LANOC v12 Tournaments w/rules
Ender if you wanna play I will join ya! Add me on steam [OC] Arxon if you don't already have me.

More
14 Mar 2013 23:58 #29903 by Dreyvas
I am always down for a game of Awesomenauts. Add me on Steam, handle is the same as on here.

More
15 Mar 2013 00:27 #29905 by Myndmelt
Maybe someone can teach me how to play it. :dry:
I've tried and went through the tutorial once or twice but I just don't 'get it'.

More
18 Mar 2013 21:29 #29954 by Wingless92
You can come to the LAN, have none of the games that we are going to play and still have a great time.

I am saving SC2 Swarm campaign to play at the LAN. I just don't game anymore. I will be playing more single player games this time than anytime before at the LAN.

It's about the people not the games IMO.

Still interesting that LoL didn't win out. I know it's a big staple at LAN's.

More
18 Mar 2013 22:31 - 18 Mar 2013 22:31 #29959 by Lersar
League will still be at v12.0, its just not hosted by staff.
Last edit: 18 Mar 2013 22:31 by Lersar.

More
19 Mar 2013 03:00 #29965 by Kazuma

Wingless92 wrote: You can come to the LAN, have none of the games that we are going to play and still have a great time.

I am saving SC2 Swarm campaign to play at the LAN. I just don't game anymore. I will be playing more single player games this time than anytime before at the LAN.

It's about the people not the games IMO.

Still interesting that LoL didn't win out. I know it's a big staple at LAN's.

If you get bored of the campaign, we should kill some AIs as they have changed a lot from WoL or i suck idk. Let me know.

Steam:-bZ-Kazuma
BattleTag:Kazuma#1131
StarCraft II:Kazuma#329
EA's Origin:-bz-Kazuma
File Attachment:

More
19 Mar 2013 03:30 #29966 by Wingless92
Sure, Battle Cruisers coming in hot.

More
19 Mar 2013 03:50 #29969 by Kazuma

Wingless92 wrote: Sure, Battle Cruisers coming in hot.

I don't know about battle cruisers them Widow Mine were so over power in the beta.

Steam:-bZ-Kazuma
BattleTag:Kazuma#1131
StarCraft II:Kazuma#329
EA's Origin:-bz-Kazuma
File Attachment:

We have 1909 guests and no members online

supportus