Gaming on the Go: Laptop vs LAN Rig

More
12 Jul 2010 01:40 #7052 by Lersar
** This thread discusses the content article: Gaming on the Go: Laptop vs LAN Rig **

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jul 2010 05:10 #7055 by Dreyvas
Your Youtube audio got nailed.

More
12 Jul 2010 10:48 #7057 by Nacelle
At least I know setup is possible in 3 minutes now. It'll never happen for me that quick. I'd say multiply that by 10 because of all the chit chatting and BSing I do along the way.

More
12 Jul 2010 14:15 #7058 by drpain
Pretty good read, and I tend to side with the laptop guys since it is easier to just fold up your computer and go with a mouse, power adapter and a keyboard if you need one.
I'm really interested in the Alienware Mx11 since they offer them with the Intel I series CPU which should help boast its performance.

Custom Built: AMD Phenom II X4 3.0GHz/G. Skill 12GB DDR3 1066Mhz/Crossfire ATI 6850's/3TB HDD

Macbook Pro: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66GHz/4GB DDR3 1066MHz/Nvidia Geforce 9600M GT 256MB/320GB HDD

Xfire: drpain
Steam: drpain
Live: Ocar
PSN: BillyBananas

More
12 Jul 2010 16:29 #7060 by garfi3ld
The shuttle with the gear rack and a wireless mouse is nice

Wes

More
12 Jul 2010 20:41 #7071 by Lersar
drpain wrote:

Pretty good read, and I tend to side with the laptop guys since it is easier to just fold up your computer and go with a mouse, power adapter and a keyboard if you need one.
I'm really interested in the Alienware Mx11 since they offer them with the Intel I series CPU which should help boast its performance.

I would've loved to do a gaming netbook aspect as well

More
14 Jul 2010 02:21 #7126 by Kurzuul
I have a gaming laptop (it's old now though...) and I just can't get over the price. Price is a major issue for me, and after reading this article my next PC is going to be a desktop. (Well, I had already decided that, but this article only solidified that decision.)

File Attachment:

Xbox Live: Ceffanus
Steam: korbaut
Windows LIVE: aloysis

[WARNING: THIS POST CONTAINS NO RESEARCH WHATSOEVER AND IS BASICALLY 100% ASSUMPTION.]

More
14 Jul 2010 02:40 #7129 by garfi3ld
I think its interesting how I have seen people talk about how this article pushed them to go ether way.

As Adam mentioned, I have been on the hunt for a gaming laptop for some time. But honestly, I love the small form factor rigs. Its not as portable as a laptop, but with the price being so much less its hard to compare. Not to mention the ability to upgrade!

Wes

We have 2342 guests and one member online

supportus