Customizing Ballistix memory with 3D printing or CNC

More
09 Nov 2018 07:00 #38579 by garfi3ld
Article Name: Customizing Ballistix memory with 3D printing or CNC
Product...

Just about every company now has memory with RGB lighting but Crucial with their Ballistix lineup was a little late to the party. I had been keeping an eye on them because the Ballistix brand made its name years ago by having their Tactical Tracer memory with LEDs built into them that would seek depending on how fast the memory was being used. This was long before RGB so I was curious what they would do to stand out in the already crowded RGB memory market. Well, they came out with a design that allows you to take the light bar off the top and customize it. Thermaltake and Asus have also jumped into this type of customization with 3D printing. Well, this was up my alley specifically because I love customizing my builds and I have a room full of 3D printers as well as a Carvey CNC. So rather than a normal ram review, today I’m going to check out the new Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB memory and then play around with the customization.

Read more...

Wes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jan 2021 02:49 #38817 by Asmarksaz
I know this is over 2 years old but can you verify that the location is still live on the Crucial page? Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We have 1470 guests and no members online

supportus