Power2U AC/USB wall outlet

More
10 May 2013 21:43 #30628 by Deb0

titleAs a necessary evil, gadget batteries, require charging from time to time and in this era where gadgets now dominate our everyday life it has become difficult to even find room to even plug them all in. For the most part longer battery life and charging stations have been the answer, but thanks to Newer Technologies there is a much easier solution to this problem and it is as simple as changing the wall outlet you plug everything into already. Follow me as I take a look at the do it yourselfers’ solution to the charging problem, the Power2U AC/USB wall outlet.

Read more...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 May 2013 20:34 #30629 by Deb0
Replied by Deb0 on topic Power2U AC/USB wall outlet
With all of the focus on gadgets and how to charge them Other World Computing sent us a much more direct solution. Check out the Power2U wall outlet and see what you think.

More
12 May 2013 04:37 #30644 by Arxon
Replied by Arxon on topic Power2U AC/USB wall outlet
mem0man, what problems did you have with the size? was it the depth or the width. Really thinking about buying one of these for our kitchen where we charge our devices.

More
12 May 2013 07:14 #30647 by L0rdG1gabyt3
My boss did a kind of sudo review on one of these a few weeks ago..
www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.589151...8881598457100&type=1

He commented that "The only complaint we see comes from the depth requirements of the device requiring the use of an extended depth 16 cubic inch gem box, meaning most existing wall boxes are too shallow to accommodate the new outlet."

Other than that they seem to be great! In fact, if you live in the Ft. Wayne area, we have them in stock! ;)

More
12 May 2013 07:19 #30649 by Deb0
Replied by Deb0 on topic Power2U AC/USB wall outlet
It really is the depth (Its larger then a standard GFCI) but 18 and 20 boxes are more common the newer your house is. Still, if you really want one somewhere "old work" boxes are not expensive, nor are they hard to install.

We have 1716 guests and no members online

supportus