Logitech Gaming Keyboard G510

More
06 Dec 2011 19:27 #21390 by garfi3ld

titleWith the keyboard moving to mechanical keyboards in mass over the past year there is still one company holding their ground. Logitech as of this posting has not introduced a mechanical keyboard into the gaming market. The reason they haven’t is because their gaming line holds its own, even with just minor changes over the years. The key to this is their built in screen with up to date game and PC information right on your keyboard. No one else on the market has been able to develop anything similar, largely due to Logitech’s integration with so many games on the market. We had a chance to look at their G19 a while back, but even still today their main keyboards are still very similar to the original G15. The G15 was replaced by the G510 and that is what we will be taking a look at today.

Read more...

Wes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Dec 2011 20:29 #21391 by garfi3ld
A keyboard to consider when its finally time to replace that g15

Wes

More
06 Dec 2011 21:38 #21392 by SXRguyinMA
I love my G510!! Now I'm waiting for an app for the BF3 stats display like the one out for BFBC2!

More
07 Dec 2011 07:13 #21411 by Twodavez
I was talking with Wingless about keyboards over the weekend. Whey don't they just offer a small screen that could be mounted to a keyboard or even onto a monitor for stats and other fun things? it could be plugged into a USB port and would be fully customizable to display anything from game stats to system specs which in game.
Wingless agreed that it would be a good idea, but he figured the price point would be too high to make it marketable. I know i'd spend $30-$40 for one as it would be cool to have since i don't wannt spend tons of money on a keyboard that only had a small screen on it,

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
07 Dec 2011 07:17 #21412 by garfi3ld
because then you wouldn't buy their keyboard lol

Wes

More
07 Dec 2011 07:26 #21413 by Wingless92
Yea, Dave, and I were talking and I said I want a mechanical keyboard but with the screen off of the G510. If Logitech made that, I would buy it.

Even if they did offer a separate screen it would be pricey. I would be more willing to spend $150 on a nice mechanical keyboard with a screen than any old keyboard with a $50 add on screen.

More
08 Dec 2011 04:28 #21450 by Plague
I want a natural keyboard that is backlighted and with a screen.

More
08 Dec 2011 18:28 #21464 by L0rdG1gabyt3
Get whatever keyboard suits your needs, then add this:
www.amazon.com/Lilliput-Um-70-Monitor-no...n-product/B000AYHY7I
7", touch, and will display anything that your regular screen can show.

More
08 Dec 2011 18:35 #21466 by Wingless92
Still to big of a screen for me.

I want something like the SteelSeries 6GV2 with the screen of the G510. That would be perfect.

We have 1722 guests and one member online

supportus