Pizza Order

More
17 Aug 2012 22:33 #27256 by Twodavez
Pizza Order was created by Twodavez
So I've called around to get us a bulk discount on pizza for Saturday night dinner at the LAN, but would like to know what the community would prefer in size/price ratio.
Below is the cost i can get the pizzas for, plan on adding another $1 or so for tax/deliver.

Klosterman Pizza Co - 419-238-9966
Med 13" - $8
Large 15" - $10
Wild Willy's - 419-238-9000
Med 14" - $10
Large 16" - $12
Pizza Hut - 419-238-4660
Med - $9
Nicko's Pizza - 419-238-3404
Super Large 18" - $12.50 Feeds 4-5

The main question is, would we like to order individual pizzas like the Mediums for $10, or get something like the Super Large from Nicko's for $15 that you'd be able to share with a friend or 3?
Please vote by Aug 22nd, then i'll make a new post for actual orders.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Aug 2012 22:52 #27258 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Pizza Order
those are the deals?

I miss papa johns :(

Wes

More
17 Aug 2012 23:19 #27260 by renegade
Replied by renegade on topic Pizza Order
WOW uh did you call Dominos? They were $5.00 for a medium pizza. Those prices are kinda high for a bulk deal.

Pizza hut in Dayton has a 10.00 deal for any size, any pizza type, any toppings.. Here they are saying 9 for a medium.

More
17 Aug 2012 23:28 #27261 by garfi3ld
its weird that pizza hut has the any pizza for $10 but couldn't even offer that or better for a discount.

I think the best deal here might be the $10 pizza from klostermans

Wes

More
17 Aug 2012 23:57 #27263 by lonewolf170
Replied by lonewolf170 on topic Pizza Order
No Little Caesar pizza's? $5 large baby!

More
18 Aug 2012 00:06 #27264 by Twodavez
Replied by Twodavez on topic Pizza Order
Those were the only places that came up via Google search of Van Wert for Pizza...
I agree Dominos would be the cheapest option, but i didn't see one. Can one of the locals help a brother out?

but $14 for an 18" pizza is pretty cheap! Plus the guy was really nice on the phone and is a local guy who owns the place and actually lived in Fort Wayne for a little while, so i don't mind helping out the local businesses too!

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
18 Aug 2012 00:18 - 18 Aug 2012 00:21 #27265 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic Pizza Order

Twodavez wrote: but $14 for an 18" pizza is pretty cheap! Plus the guy was really nice on the phone and is a local guy who owns the place and actually lived in Fort Wayne for a little while, so i don't mind helping out the local businesses too!

If you're talking about Nicko's, I've got nothing but great things to say about them. Always really nice, the kind of place that remembers you when you are a regular, small talk and all that fun. Pizza is delicious too, Chicago cut.

No Domino's, twodavez did cover about all of them... Nicko's has the best deal if you're looking for large pizzas. With $8/9 for a medium 12"-13", and $10 for a large, 12.50 is great, I think 18" is the largest you may find in VW. I wonder though, if that counts for any toppings; a lot of businesses charge that base for cheese and then additional price for toppings.

I'd be really surprised if no where, especially Pizza Hut, offers a large order discount. PJ's used to give a 30% discount for anything over four larges. I have a few family members that work at the VWPH, I'll ask if they know of any such deal.
Last edit: 18 Aug 2012 00:21 by Lersar.

More
18 Aug 2012 05:05 #27280 by Twodavez
These are all for 1 topping only... it makes it easier on me ordering and passing out to only offer cheese or pepperoni. If that doesn't work, you're more than welcome to order you own on your own. It's just too much to plan with 50+ pizzas being ordered...

More
18 Aug 2012 08:17 #27287 by jj_Sky5000
Replied by jj_Sky5000 on topic Pizza Order
IU am always willing to try the local pizza places, you can find some good stuff

More
18 Aug 2012 22:56 #27297 by Twodavez
I'll give the conversation till Wednesday then i'll consult with the LAN OC staff since they're locals and make a choice...
what happened to my poll? did i remove it somehow or did it get taken off?

More
18 Aug 2012 22:57 #27298 by Dreyvas
Replied by Dreyvas on topic Pizza Order

Twodavez wrote: I'll give the conversation till Wednesday then i'll consult with the LAN OC staff since they're locals and make a choice...
what happened to my poll? did i remove it somehow or did it get taken off?

I never saw any poll.

More
18 Aug 2012 23:10 #27299 by Myndmelt
Replied by Myndmelt on topic Pizza Order
It used to be at the top of the thread. Now its gone.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Twodavez

More
18 Aug 2012 23:33 #27300 by garfi3ld
I never saw a poll and I'm the first person to reply to the post. His post also doesn't show being edited or anything like that

Wes

More
18 Aug 2012 23:42 #27301 by Twodavez
It was there...
Anyway, it was just a way to vote on if people would prefer going with a place that offered the med/large or the SUPER large from Nickos. After talking to Nick and Nickos, i'm really leaning that way. plus for $7 each, two people could split a pizza since they are HUGE!!!!

More
19 Aug 2012 04:11 - 19 Aug 2012 04:12 #27307 by Cyphis
Replied by Cyphis on topic Pizza Order
I prefer supporting the little guy. Down with corporate pizza...go with Nickos!!!
Last edit: 19 Aug 2012 04:12 by Cyphis. Reason: clarification
The following user(s) said Thank You: Myndmelt

More
19 Aug 2012 20:24 #27315 by Shroud
Replied by Shroud on topic Pizza Order
My group is down for Nickos

We have 1556 guests and no members online

supportus