Closed, BTW

More
26 Jul 2012 23:14 #26535 by Lersar
Closed, BTW was created by Lersar
I know a lot of people order pizza from Papa John's at the LAN. So you're not caught off guard, they are currently closed out of business, and probably will be during the LAN. There are some rumors of it opening back up, but not for a while.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jul 2012 23:16 #26536 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Closed, BTW
There are still about 10 other places to order from though, don't worry there can still be pizza :D

Wes

More
26 Jul 2012 23:19 #26537 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic Closed, BTW

garfi3ld wrote: There are still about 10 other places to order from though, don't worry there can still be pizza :D

Probably about nine of the reasons they closed. That being said, Nicko's Pizza is a local establishment and their pizza is delicious.

More
26 Jul 2012 23:42 #26540 by Dreyvas
Replied by Dreyvas on topic Closed, BTW

Lersar wrote:

garfi3ld wrote: There are still about 10 other places to order from though, don't worry there can still be pizza :D

Probably about nine of the reasons they closed. That being said, Nicko's Pizza is a local establishment and their pizza is delicious.

They new, I take it? I don't remember ever hearing that name.

More
26 Jul 2012 23:48 #26541 by Lersar
Relatively. They're hidden over on S Wayne, a few blocks from Klostermans, tucked away at the three way intersection of Jennings/Wayne/Susan, I don't remember what used to be there...

More
26 Jul 2012 23:57 #26542 by Twodavez
Replied by Twodavez on topic Closed, BTW
Who needs pizza with fair food across the street! Will it cost money to get into the fair to eat? i'm planning on getting an elephant ear at least!

Also:
Do you think we could ever get into doing a HUGE pizza order to get a deal and avoid the pizza hut guy from showing up 20 times?!?!?! Nexus did it recently and i think it went really well. I'd even be willing to run it if the staff doesn't mind. I just think it's really fun to have someone show up with a VAN full of pizza! plus we could get them for around $5 each and all eat at the same time. Nothing is worse than watching yoru neighbor eating yummy pizza while yours is still 20 min away!
Any profit would be donated back to the LAN, we'd sell things at cost, but if it's $5.50 a pizza including tip, i'd just charge $6. :-)

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rhythmatic

More
27 Jul 2012 01:48 #26557 by X-Infinity-Zero
Replied by X-Infinity-Zero on topic Closed, BTW

Twodavez wrote: Who needs pizza with fair food across the street! Will it cost money to get into the fair to eat? i'm planning on getting an elephant ear at least!

Also:
Do you think we could ever get into doing a HUGE pizza order to get a deal and avoid the pizza hut guy from showing up 20 times?!?!?! Nexus did it recently and i think it went really well. I'd even be willing to run it if the staff doesn't mind. I just think it's really fun to have someone show up with a VAN full of pizza! plus we could get them for around $5 each and all eat at the same time. Nothing is worse than watching yoru neighbor eating yummy pizza while yours is still 20 min away!
Any profit would be donated back to the LAN, we'd sell things at cost, but if it's $5.50 a pizza including tip, i'd just charge $6. :-)

I agree, this idea worked out great at NEXUS. Everything came at one time and no one had to leave to get their food. Just grab, eat and continue playing.

I hope this happens because im ready to order :)

More
27 Jul 2012 02:12 #26558 by garfi3ld
we have scheduled orders like that multiple times in the past but didn't have much of a response. This can actually be organized through our control panel as well.

I am all for doing this, its just a matter of finding someone who is interested in handing it. Adam? Dave?

Wes

More
27 Jul 2012 04:12 #26560 by Twodavez

garfi3ld wrote: we have scheduled orders like that multiple times in the past but didn't have much of a response. This can actually be organized through our control panel as well.

I am all for doing this, its just a matter of finding someone who is interested in handing it. Adam? Dave?

I have no problem taking care of this, unless you'd prefer staff to handle it. I think i'm pretty responsible and trustworthy, i mean you do trust me with your breakfast!?!?!?
I'll start another thread, then people are responsible to get with me by a certian time saturday and pay me and we'll get it ordered and delivered! It's worked pretty flawlessly at nexus, so it'll happen!!!

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
27 Jul 2012 04:43 #26561 by garfi3ld
Dave the food guy!

Wes

More
27 Jul 2012 04:54 #26562 by Lersar

garfi3ld wrote: I am all for doing this, its just a matter of finding someone who is interested in handing it. Adam?

Sure, just 'cus I worked in pizza! :P

More
27 Jul 2012 04:56 #26564 by garfi3ld
That wasn't why, but thats a good point as well :-P

Wes

More
27 Jul 2012 05:36 #26569 by Myndmelt
Replied by Myndmelt on topic Closed, BTW
I think a big order where we can get a deal is a good idea. OR if we can get some local places to give us a LAN deal that would help too. I'm pretty much a call ahead of time explaining that 100+ gamer geeks are going to be hungry and will have cash would be enough to entice some deals out of them.

And yes Dave I asked before and I think its like 7 bucks just to get into the fair, which means that I really doubt I will be going over there.

More
27 Jul 2012 16:06 #26580 by Twodavez

Lersar wrote:

garfi3ld wrote: I am all for doing this, its just a matter of finding someone who is interested in handing it. Adam?

So you're going to do it? I was just going to call around and ask "How much could i get a 1 topping pizza for if i order 50 - 100 of them and what time frame do you need to know."
If you wanna do it, that's fine with me. just let me know.

More
27 Jul 2012 19:13 #26585 by Lersar

Twodavez wrote:

Lersar wrote:

So you're going to do it? I was just going to call around and ask "How much could i get a 1 topping pizza for if i order 50 - 100 of them and what time frame do you need to know."
If you wanna do it, that's fine with me. just let me know.

Its all yours. The bummer is I knew the discount rates at PJ's, for large orders we gave a 30% discount, but in all honesty sometimes it was cheaper just to have no discount, because then you get the 'second pizza deal' which gives lets you buy one pizza for normal price and get the next three at a discount ($7), then pay menu price and the next three at discount, etc. I'll help if you need it.

We have 2005 guests and no members online

supportus