Steam EA Week

More
03 May 2011 20:03 #15449 by Leonresevil2
Steam EA Week was created by Leonresevil2
Steam deals on EA games each day this week, Monday deal of Dragon Age is coming to a close.
I'd like to see Crysis and Darkspore deals. I'm expecting the following days to consist of Mass Effect series, Battlefield series, Sims, and C&C series. Possibly Dead Space on ringer. Keep an eye out, maybe you'll see something worthwhile. Thursday will probably be the best of the lot.
Feel free to post up updates, and if you think the games are good deals or worth playing.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 May 2011 21:07 #15450 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic Re: Steam EA Week
Darkspore would be fantastic... I don't think Steam has any Sims though.

More
04 May 2011 20:46 #15459 by Leonresevil2
Replied by Leonresevil2 on topic Re: Steam EA Week
A bunch of the Sims 3 stuff is on Steam, but maybe they sell well enough that they won't drop.
Kinda impressed how much the discounts have been. I forgot about NFS, but I realized why; the series went downhill. So far haven't bought anything from this week's sale. Hoping for even just Crysis 1.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

More
05 May 2011 19:28 #15517 by Leonresevil2
Wednesday was Sims, kinda funny that 3 is older than NFS:HP, yet has less discount. I was thinking of getting Sims 3, but considering how much expensive DLC there is (aka how incomplete the game was in initial release and how much they split it into a dozen packages), I may never get a Sims game again. If it offered a complete pack, maybe. But they get kinda repetitive after time, and it just looks like now they only want money, not to give players fun. 10 bucks for some chairs is BS.

Really hoping that Crysis drops this week. I guess I didn't realize the sale was 7 days, so the chances are high. Normally sales make me want games, but this one has made me realize how EA has gone downhill, and how I forgot about that.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

More
05 May 2011 19:43 #15518 by Wingless92
Replied by Wingless92 on topic Re: Steam EA Week
Crysis will make even big machines cry Leon.

More
05 May 2011 19:55 #15519 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Re: Steam EA Week
its not that they are incomplete, atleast not the sims. They just want to make more money off everyone. The Sims has to make a crap load of money for them with all the expansion packs

Wes

More
05 May 2011 20:13 - 05 May 2011 20:16 #15520 by Lersar

garfi3ld wrote: its not that they are incomplete, atleast not the sims. They just want to make more money off everyone. The Sims has to make a crap load of money for them with all the expansion packs

I think that still counts as 'incomplete' in some consumer's eyes.

I remember trying to find the Sims 2 on Steam for a friend who bought the game but didn't have a DVD drive. We even contacted EA/Maxis telling them we had a serial code but didn't have a drive, they acted like we were insane asking for a digital copy.
Last edit: 05 May 2011 20:16 by Lersar.

More
05 May 2011 20:21 #15521 by Leonresevil2

garfi3ld wrote: its not that they are incomplete, atleast not the sims. They just want to make more money off everyone. The Sims has to make a crap load of money for them with all the expansion packs

It just seems like every Sims game releases the same Late Night, Outdoors, and Adventures packages, and I'd expect such features to be built in if they were developed for the past versions. I guess I just realized how much EA has monetized and broken up games. Even Dragon Age was all split up and released with DLC. The Sims 3 complete (so far) would normally cost you $200, which is insane. And that's just one franchise, alongside Madden and the sports games.

Civ5 is doing it right, nicely priced Civ addons that give new gameplay experiences, and now work for multiplayer. The maps are kinda a waste IMO, but if I have money to spare I may support them that way, because they have been VERY supportive of the community. Their official forums host user polls where we the people get to vote on what Civs get added. That is awesome. That deserves support. EA has released few patches, none for that $200 bundle of Sims 3, and none even on Crysis. But I'm eager to make my machine cry blood to that game.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

More
05 May 2011 20:25 - 05 May 2011 20:26 #15522 by Lersar

Wingless92 wrote: Crysis will make even big machines cry Leon.

I can run it on fine my laptop I bought in 2008, boutique build but still nothing spectacular... 2.5 dual and an GT M edition.
Last edit: 05 May 2011 20:26 by Lersar.

More
05 May 2011 20:27 #15523 by garfi3ld
I should point out that I hate dlc as much as the next guy. I was just playing the devils advocate. Thats why I had hated buying the sims games, because you know there will be all of the expansions. But I guess they do create a LOT of content for them.

With Civ5 i agree that they have done a good job, but they released DLC for it the day it came out right? I have a bigger problem when they do that than when they bring it out later. Atleast make me think you didn't have it done and ready at launch. Because if thats the case it should have been included in the game lol.

Wes

More
05 May 2011 20:31 - 05 May 2011 20:31 #15524 by Lersar

garfi3ld wrote: With Civ5 i agree that they have done a good job, but they released DLC for it the day it came out right? I have a bigger problem when they do that than when they bring it out later. Atleast make me think you didn't have it done and ready at launch. Because if thats the case it should have been included in the game lol.

I don't think so... Civ5 released in September... the only DLC available to buy released at the end of October.
Last edit: 05 May 2011 20:31 by Lersar.

More
05 May 2011 20:40 - 05 May 2011 20:43 #15525 by Leonresevil2
The DLC was for the extra Babylon Civilization that you'd get if you bought the collector's edition. Mongolia was also a 'free dlc' that got built into the game.

I've been looking at some of the EA news on Steam, and it seems like DA2 have DLC immediately which was items you could buy, or just play the game and unlock normally. So it's essentially a money-based cheat code. Dead Space 2 also had bonus items, which EA didn't initially offer on PC, but it was found that a simple 3.4kb save key was all that was needed to unlock the items. So many times EA has built components in from day one, and charged players for access.

... As compared to Valve that throws updates and free content at you everytime you want to play in a Lan... :)

Edit: I will say, Battlefield is remaining a good series, and 3 looks to really support the PC community. DICE is pretty cool, but even Mirror's Edge 2 got shot down by EA so DICE may not have free reign forever.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.
Last edit: 05 May 2011 20:43 by Leonresevil2.

More
05 May 2011 21:13 #15526 by garfi3ld
yeah maybe i was thinking of the dlc that came with the limited edition.

Wes

More
05 May 2011 21:50 #15529 by Leonresevil2
Well Thursday is now Mass Effect. Thinking about it, but my experience is that BioWare games have become movies with pseudo-interaction. The first one would probably be good, but the sequel is definitely not an RPG. I think I'll just play Witcher and enjoy that, and save my cash for Crysis. Come on EA, it has to happen. I already have BFBC2, wish it was tied to Steam but I'm not buying it again.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

More
06 May 2011 21:04 #15542 by Wingless92
Crysis Day on Steam. Go pick them up if you don't already have them. Weirdly enough Crysis 2 is not on sale.

More
07 May 2011 05:14 #15553 by Leonresevil2
I noticed. And of course I can't get Steam to purchase anything from my connection. Of all days they pick Friday. But I'll get it, somehow...

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

More
08 May 2011 04:15 #15561 by Leonresevil2
Got Crysis I believe. Dead Space today, betting C&C tomorrow. But if they offered Darkspore I'd be happy. Of course there's probably more chance of it being Crysis 2 tomorrow.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

More
08 May 2011 22:08 #15585 by Wingless92
Picked up Medal of Honor and Airborne today. Couldn't pass up that deal. Didn't want to pay $50 for the new MoH so today is a perfect day.

More
09 May 2011 03:17 #15589 by drpain
Replied by drpain on topic Re: Steam EA Week
I went ahead and picked up BF2 even though I have like 3 hard copies but who wants to use disks? Also picked up the camo DLC for BC2 since it was like 3 bucks. The Medal of Honors I haven't cared about since the PS1 days and of course Allied Assault.

Custom Built: AMD Phenom II X4 3.0GHz/G. Skill 12GB DDR3 1066Mhz/Crossfire ATI 6850's/3TB HDD

Macbook Pro: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66GHz/4GB DDR3 1066MHz/Nvidia Geforce 9600M GT 256MB/320GB HDD

Xfire: drpain
Steam: drpain
Live: Ocar
PSN: BillyBananas

We have 1824 guests and no members online

supportus