Mount and Blade pack- 60% off

More
29 Apr 2011 00:56 #15396 by Shroud
On steam you can pick up mount and blade, mount and blade warband, and preorder the new mount and blade: with fire and sword (releasing in about 4 days)for $20. If you haven’t played this indie game I recommend it. The game revolves around you gaining power in the world, you start with no army and no training and throughout the game you train up, gain an army, and gain land. Combat is played out in battles where you control your character (in 1st or 3rd person view)while you command your army who is in the fight with you. I recommend you look it up as I do no justice to it, but if you like a game with some (not a ton) of management and large scale battle and sieges then this is for you (there is a demo available on the main site).

Mount and Blade is the first game which is now used more for mod play, with mods that bring you into the world of starwars, warhammer, and many others.

Mount and Blade warband is the second game ( an improved re-make of the first game), with better mechanics and more options but less mods. Though it does have a sweet mod allowing you to have battles using more than the normal amount of soldiers per battle. Also has multiplayer where it pits teams of players against each other in straight up battle and some castle sieges.

And the new with fire and sword will introduce guns and is set in the 17th century (with the previous games being set in an earlier time).

so if you have $20 go for it, and maybe I will meet you on the battlefield.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Apr 2011 21:16 #15409 by Leonresevil2
Interesting stuff somewhat, but I found it to be kinda confusing from the demo. The game throws a lot of stats and story at you immediately, and I felt combat wasn't all it's cracked up to be. Dark Messiah has similar combat, but with magic and brutal finishers included. M&B looks to have potential, but still feels cumbersome. It mostly makes me want to get some people together to play Dark Messiah in multiplayer.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

More
04 May 2011 20:23 #15456 by Davey_Boy
Crap! When does this end?? I need THIS!!!!

More
04 May 2011 20:55 #15461 by Leonresevil2
ended when the new release came out, later yesterday.

and I sent out a message about your previous game purchase, hope you got that.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

We have 1653 guests and no members online

supportus