Sanctum 2pack (4pack?) and Game discussion

More
26 Mar 2011 11:10 - 29 Mar 2011 20:15 #14549 by Leonresevil2
Interesting backstory leading to this moment:
Warning: Spoiler!

So, great concept of building defenses, then going down to the ground to help the fight. SP, MP, co-op, all the Steam goodies, and it's a good price. Friggin good price for the 2pack (no rap comments :P), which puts the game at 10 bucks a person versus $15. I'm definitely getting it for that price, any takers for chipping on the 2pack? If we have more people interested, we can do multiple packs as wanted.

Edit: most important thing: Steam Store page

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.
Last edit: 29 Mar 2011 20:15 by Leonresevil2. Reason: Updating title, hope that works

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Mar 2011 19:35 #14551 by Lersar
Looks good, co-op especially. Hell, for beta access, lets do it.

More
27 Mar 2011 07:16 - 27 Mar 2011 10:00 #14562 by Leonresevil2
Just spent an hour or something fighting wave after wave, and promptly getting my behind handed to me by a wave of flying death. This is a blast. The interface is surprisingly simple, and works well even in upgrading towers from a longer distance. Televators are cool, and the jump distance is perfect. It all feels so cool, smooth, and polished, especially for an indie game. The beginning of waves is a bit slow, but once they start you'll get pushed quite quickly. It's a great challenge, just the right level of difficulty, and brings in unique creatures that have specific weakpoints. Hoverers require some tricky map and turret laying, and are probably the toughest type in the game. But I highly recommend it, and there are talks of bigger maps to support 3 and 4 players! Sign up here if you can and will, and with any luck that will be finished by launch. I have to wait until my account is authorized to post.

And Lersar, friggin accept mah gift and let's play this mofo! :)

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.
Last edit: 27 Mar 2011 10:00 by Leonresevil2.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lersar

More
27 Mar 2011 07:24 #14563 by Shroud
Man, this looks pretty good. I'd be up for it if anyone else wants to get in on a 2 pack.

More
27 Mar 2011 07:30 #14566 by garfi3ld
ill prob pick this up for Alex and I when we have the extra funds

Wes

More
27 Mar 2011 09:59 #14567 by Leonresevil2
It's kinda odd that the player can't die, and just gets bumped around and can't fire when colliding with enemies on the ground. And currently the voice volumes are really low even at max. But it looks like the devs take pride in the game, and aren't gonna let it slip on any areas. The game is very addicting, with that 'one more round' attraction, and still offers the ability to save and resume later.
I love how the girl laughs and cackles when you pull off rapid kills and no-scopes. Fun and satisfying for the challenge, very much a good description of the game.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

More
28 Mar 2011 08:30 - 28 Mar 2011 17:36 #14585 by Shroud
well, I picked up the 2 pack, so if anyone wants a copy it's $10.

Edit: Gone!
Last edit: 28 Mar 2011 17:36 by Shroud.

More
29 Mar 2011 20:14 #14608 by Leonresevil2
I love being the first to find the great games. :cheer:
Found this bit on the Steam forums, sounds awesome: Original post

From one of the devs: "An endless single player mode is something we're looking at. We want to get 4 player co-op into the game and we're looking at solutions that allow the endless mode to scale with the amount of players."

So 4 player sounds official. Of course, that could mean a 4pack coming after release, potentially. That will likely time out with the release for Mac, and probably a sale. Still, this is a great purchase at 10 bucks each for the 2pack.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

More
30 Mar 2011 03:07 #14617 by drpain
I just picked up the 2pack for myself and a co-worker and I've been having a blast with it. Didn't notice the game until Steam did one of those games recommend by friends things and lo and behold Leon was right there saying get it.

Glad I did been pretty sweet and I think once the final product gets out and rolling hopefully it will be even better.

Custom Built: AMD Phenom II X4 3.0GHz/G. Skill 12GB DDR3 1066Mhz/Crossfire ATI 6850's/3TB HDD

Macbook Pro: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66GHz/4GB DDR3 1066MHz/Nvidia Geforce 9600M GT 256MB/320GB HDD

Xfire: drpain
Steam: drpain
Live: Ocar
PSN: BillyBananas

More
30 Mar 2011 19:51 #14636 by Leonresevil2
I'm glad to see that so many have been enjoying the game. I'm so excited for the final release and updates, and it will be out just in time for Lan v8.0. I really don't think there will be 3+ co-op by that time, but we can hope!

I've been reading up and looking at pictures on Best maze possible , which has some decent ideas. I need to get a screen of my layout, it's not like any of those shown, and I think it's excellent thus far.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

More
30 Mar 2011 23:20 #14647 by Lersar

drpain wrote: I just picked up the 2pack for myself and a co-worker and I've been having a blast with it. Didn't notice the game until Steam did one of those games recommend by friends things and lo and behold Leon was right there saying get it.

Glad I did been pretty sweet and I think once the final product gets out and rolling hopefully it will be even better.

Did you get multiplayer to work then over Steam?

More
30 Mar 2011 23:30 #14649 by Leonresevil2

Lersar wrote: Did you get multiplayer to work then over Steam?

Good question! I ask it too.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

More
31 Mar 2011 00:20 #14650 by drpain
I have yet to try the multiplayer function but right now as I understand it certain ports need to be open and its purely a P2P type setup. If anyone wants to try it hit me up on STEAM sometime if I'm there.

Custom Built: AMD Phenom II X4 3.0GHz/G. Skill 12GB DDR3 1066Mhz/Crossfire ATI 6850's/3TB HDD

Macbook Pro: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66GHz/4GB DDR3 1066MHz/Nvidia Geforce 9600M GT 256MB/320GB HDD

More
31 Mar 2011 01:57 #14653 by Shroud
I love the game but I need to figure out a better setup, I keep getting my ass handed to me by the tanks on normal, no matter how much firepower I put down.

More
31 Mar 2011 18:23 #14682 by drpain

Shroud wrote: I love the game but I need to figure out a better setup, I keep getting my ass handed to me by the tanks on normal, no matter how much firepower I put down.

Yeah I get raped by those things as well. I try to do a bunch of turns so it slows them down but the gatling guns don't seem to do enough even when stacking them up to tier 3's and so on. What I have had to do is fill in the board almost and put a crap ton of Scatter Lasers up and try to upgrade them as much as possible even though it doesn't seem like you will get enough cash by time wave 20 or whatever is finished and the match is done.

More
31 Mar 2011 19:11 - 31 Mar 2011 19:13 #14687 by Leonresevil2
Lightning towers are great on tanks, and sniping helps. I have a map with a lvl6 lightning in the first corner, every tank round is just a puddle of tank bodies in front of it.

And multiplayer is co-op limited to host/client, but the design will likely change with the player limit being raised. So I expect the release multiplayer connection system to be completely overhauled.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.
Last edit: 31 Mar 2011 19:13 by Leonresevil2.

More
31 Mar 2011 22:44 #14710 by Shroud
mmmmmm puddles.

We have 1624 guests and no members online

supportus