Sideout saying farewell to LAN OC

More
13 Oct 2016 12:58 #38209 by Sideout
Hey fellow LAN OC people!!! I wanted to announce to everyone that I will be stepping down as LAN OC staff as of this week.

I have had a great time working with everyone on the LAN OC staff and with meeting all of you attendees at each LAN OC event. It has been a good run but due to some upcoming life changes and events , dedicating myself to the number of events I do each year is a schedule I do not think I can keep up. (Fun fact , I have been doing this since 2001 starting with Dayton LANFest , man I feel old now!!! )

I have met and talked with many of you at the events and seen the event grow and thrive in the past years. I would like to list some of my favorite memories:

1. SSSSTTTTTOOOOOORRRRRAAAAAGGGGGGEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! (who can forget that??)

2. The UT2K4 guys who always politely ask for a server to be put up and then play the heck out of it. That is the essence of LAN gaming!!!

3. The Friday night staff dinner at various places in Van Wert.

4. Hearing all the cheering and yells from whatever game the Old School tourney is.

5. Seeing the excitement of someone winning that awesome raffle prize.

However the best one yet is talking with everyone I have met at the LAN , whether it is attendees wanting to talk shop , or just meeting that new person who is attending their first LAN and forgot their network cable. You guys (attendees) are what I will miss the most.

Keep making the event successful and keep LAN Parties alive.

Sincerely ,

Sideout

I am the LAN!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: c1one, Jaymes007

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Oct 2016 15:49 #38211 by garfi3ld
I can't say anything here that I didn't already say in private. But It has been great and I really hope we still see you as an attendee from time to time as well as at other events! Best of luck

Wes

More
15 Oct 2016 20:16 #38214 by Plague
Thank you Sideout for all the work you have done. I hope we will still see you around :)

More
19 Oct 2016 12:22 #38217 by Dreyvas
Thanks for everything you've done for the events. It's been incredible having you.

More
24 Nov 2016 00:12 #38246 by Jaymes007
Thanks for running the LAN network for some many years!

Myself and c1one are the ones always asking for the UT2K4 server. :) We're old school, hahaha, but that game is still one of the best LAN games ever, so it is definitely worth playing! Glad we could make an impression on you.

You'll be missed; happy "retirement"!

Jaymes007

More
24 Nov 2016 00:42 #38247 by c1one
THANKS for the UT server! Hopefully you will still stop in an say hello man. I will have to buy you a beer next time you visit to say thanks.

take care,
c1one

We have 1765 guests and no members online

supportus