Energy Drinks

More
28 Aug 2012 17:03 #27577 by Twodavez
Energy Drinks was created by Twodavez
So, with the LAN coming up, what's your energy drink of choice? Be as specific as youc an as there are several flavors of most drinks on the market now along with many sizes...

Please tell us when you use them, how often (every 4 hours, one in the morning...), and why?
The why can be: I've tried them all and monsters make me too gittery, Red Bull isn't strong enough, and NOS just does the job for me in the mornings, but at night i like a Bawls for extended energy without the spike...

Thanks - I had to go get a energy drink this morning as i'm draggin' and with all the options, i wasn't sure which to choose as they don't sell Bawls around here, which is my normal standby.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Aug 2012 17:07 #27578 by Twodavez
Replied by Twodavez on topic Energy Drinks
I prefer the blue Monster mixed with a 100% juice (like the V-8 Fusion) to help cut the strong flavor of the monster. The blue Monster's are the sugar free so i don't get the crash, but i get the energy.

This morning i got a Red Bull, mainly because they were actually cheaper than a monster and i just needed a little pick me up, so a huge monster just would've been overkill.

Bawls is really good mixed with Whiskey for a late night drink instead of a jagerbomb...

So i have a few tools in my fridge depending on what i need. although i typically don't drink very many, unless i'm at a LAN or plan on being out late and need to stay awake. If you've seen me in the morning, you know i'm naturally a pretty energetic person, without the aid of any chemicals.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
28 Aug 2012 20:04 #27583 by CrazyBillyBob
Replied by CrazyBillyBob on topic Energy Drinks
I'll be downing Rockstar-Recovery (lemonade) This stuff s great. Tastes like lemonade. Is non-carbonated (so you don't have that bloated feeling)and it's sugar free no hard crash an hour after I drink it. The whole 16 fl/oz can is only 20 Calories, So I can watch my girlish figure ;) But I do enjoy me a Bawls Geek Beer as well.

More
28 Aug 2012 20:29 #27584 by Wingless92
Replied by Wingless92 on topic Energy Drinks
Monster Absolute Zero. Stuff is amazing. I switched from the Green stuff.

More
28 Aug 2012 22:32 #27588 by Arxon
Replied by Arxon on topic Energy Drinks
I like the monster Dub edition that was "imported" doesn't have the harsh energy drink flavor like the green does. Also 5 hour energy does wonders also.

More
28 Aug 2012 22:43 #27591 by Deb0
Replied by Deb0 on topic Energy Drinks
I actually don't chug the energy drinks anymore. You will, however, probably find me downing gallons of Arizona tea.

More
28 Aug 2012 22:50 #27594 by Twodavez
Replied by Twodavez on topic Energy Drinks

mem0man wrote: I actually don't chug the energy drinks anymore. You will, however, probably find me downing gallons of Arizona tea.

Why tea and not energy drinks? And why Arizona tea, from what i can see there are many tea's on the market? (I can't stand the stuff personally) i want more of a discussion of everyone's choices, not just that they do or don't drink a certian beverage...

thanks for elaborating. that's how we have discussions instead of topics that die after 5 posts.

More
29 Aug 2012 00:34 #27603 by Dreyvas
Replied by Dreyvas on topic Energy Drinks

Twodavez wrote:

mem0man wrote: I actually don't chug the energy drinks anymore. You will, however, probably find me downing gallons of Arizona tea.

Why tea and not energy drinks? And why Arizona tea, from what i can see there are many tea's on the market? (I can't stand the stuff personally) i want more of a discussion of everyone's choices, not just that they do or don't drink a certian beverage...

thanks for elaborating. that's how we have discussions instead of topics that die after 5 posts.

More
29 Aug 2012 04:10 - 29 Aug 2012 04:11 #27621 by Shroud
Replied by Shroud on topic Energy Drinks
I drink the green Monsters and the mango Venoms.

Edit: also Cherry Bawls when I can get them
Last edit: 29 Aug 2012 04:11 by Shroud.

More
29 Aug 2012 04:31 #27622 by Deb0
Replied by Deb0 on topic Energy Drinks

Twodavez wrote:

:P

Caffeine and most other stimulants in larger doses don't sit well with my body, giving me headaches and sometimes migraines so I've turned to tea as a very mild alternative. Arizona Green tea with honey is just the easiest, best tasting alternative I can find nearly everywhere.

More
29 Aug 2012 05:48 #27625 by Myndmelt
Replied by Myndmelt on topic Energy Drinks
This

I drink it all the time when I want a boost or even just when I want something that taste pretty good to me. The whole can is only 20 cals.

More
29 Aug 2012 09:55 #27636 by LinkyPwns
Replied by LinkyPwns on topic Energy Drinks
I drink the bull that is red. Not sure why it's my pick

More
29 Aug 2012 17:52 #27643 by jj_Sky5000
Replied by jj_Sky5000 on topic Energy Drinks
^^^^^^^^^ It perks me up and actually helps with me focus & concentration

More
29 Aug 2012 19:37 #27647 by drpain
Replied by drpain on topic Energy Drinks
I don't drink them a whole bunch but I'll just grab whatever is on sale at the gas station or grocery store and go from there. I try to look for the sugar free and 0 calorie ones or ones with low calories.

Custom Built: AMD Phenom II X4 3.0GHz/G. Skill 12GB DDR3 1066Mhz/Crossfire ATI 6850's/3TB HDD

Macbook Pro: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66GHz/4GB DDR3 1066MHz/Nvidia Geforce 9600M GT 256MB/320GB HDD

Xfire: drpain
Steam: drpain
Live: Ocar
PSN: BillyBananas

We have 2120 guests and no members online

supportus