Car hit my building

More
10 Jul 2011 21:12 #16583 by Lersar
Car hit my building was created by Lersar
I figured I could post this here, I didn't want to say too much on Facebook or anything because there are a lot of people involved and I'm trying to be sensitive.

Anyway, last night at about 3AM we got a call from my parents saying that a car had ran into our apartment building. Misty and I were at Wes's at the time, and when we came home, sure enough, our street was lit up like a stage with police blocking it off. To the north of the building is a small, two lane parking lot which has a small piece of grass between it and the road. The car had apparently 'ramped' (according to some onlookers) through the parking lot into the corner of the building at about 90MPH (not confirmed yet by police, but again people said he flew by their house). It's a brick building, so there wasn't much damage, as a matter of fact my parents next door didn't hear anything and the first floor tenant didn't feel it. The front of the car is like an accordion, glass is all over the front of the sidewalk, a light pole was taken out, and the stop sign is laying two yards over and looks like a taco.

The driver was intoxicated, apparently having engaged in a pursuit with police previously that night and was told that they didn't want to see his car on the road again. He is in pretty critical condition, but was talking when they took him to the emergency room.

Even more crazy than that, the driver is actually the boyfriend of my co-worker, and lives next door to my brother. What are the odds? Again, a lot of the details are still up in the air, and everything I've heard is unofficial, I wasn't around to see or hear anything.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jul 2011 21:21 #16585 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Re: Car hit my building
this is just crazyness. If he took out the light poll maybe that scrubbed off some of the speed keeping the car from doing to much damage to the building itself.

Wes

More
10 Jul 2011 22:39 #16588 by Wingless92
Replied by Wingless92 on topic Re: Car hit my building
That's some Grand Theft Auto shit for sure. Guess he forgot to put in the "Wanted Level" cheat.

Glad that everyone is ok. Make sure and take a shit load of pictures. If not for insurance purposes for you to post.

I actually want to see what happened.

Drinking and driving, just as stupid as using a "Mac" to game on.

More
11 Jul 2011 00:30 - 11 Jul 2011 00:31 #16591 by Wingcmdr77
Replied by Wingcmdr77 on topic Re: Car hit my building
lol @ Mac. Ya there pretty to look at an all I guess. Only thing a Mac to me is good for is good Photopublishing stuff. :ohmy:

He used the Wanted Level Cheat to have all the cops after him. :P
Last edit: 11 Jul 2011 00:31 by Wingcmdr77.

More
11 Jul 2011 00:41 #16592 by garfi3ld
there is a post on topix about it

Wes

More
11 Jul 2011 02:07 #16595 by Wingless92
Replied by Wingless92 on topic Re: Car hit my building
Thank god for Google man, Google Topix, Van Wert Ohio Zip. A link would have helped, lol.

Oh well, Google will save us.

More
11 Jul 2011 03:47 #16601 by Dreyvas
Replied by Dreyvas on topic Re: Car hit my building
Ah, Topix: the AIDS of the Internet.

More
11 Jul 2011 04:50 #16603 by garfi3ld
i agree Josh, i hate Topix.

I didn't post up a link because it contained info about the driver. Didn't want to post up much more than what Adam posted up

Wes

More
11 Jul 2011 06:34 #16610 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic Re: Car hit my building
There is a little damage to the building, at least visible. It took out a pretty large chunk of the corner brick, and the window to the basement next to it doesn't close right anymore. The police said they estimated his speed at 120, given some damage to the road from where he ramped over the railroad tracks which are about a block or two away.

Working on getting some pics, we got a lot of them of course. My dad stayed out until the cops would let him in to get some pictures of his own for insurance claims.

More
11 Jul 2011 06:44 #16613 by garfi3ld
I hope it didn't tweak anything too much. I'm sure you will have to have someone come out to see if the structure itself is damaged. Its still amazing it didn't just bust through the wall, brick walls are strong but not THAT strong. Thank goodness that everyone from the place is safe!

wrecks.justsickshit.com/wp-content/galle...gh-side-of-house.jpg

Wes

More
11 Jul 2011 19:13 #16621 by garfi3ld
in the paper with pictures

thevwindependent.com/?p=10468

Wes

More
11 Jul 2011 19:44 #16622 by jj_Sky5000
Replied by jj_Sky5000 on topic Re: Car hit my building
"Spradlin took off at a high rate of speed south on Race Street" Yea duh !!!!!

If he wasnt drunk he would have probley died !!!!

We have 2391 guests and no members online

supportus