Nothing like being ripped off

More
11 Jun 2011 09:33 - 11 Jun 2011 19:01 #16108 by Nacelle
This January, Reaper hosted a LAN at his house in Fort Wayne. Since my sons didn't feel like going, I brought a guy from here in Muncie with me that I meet on my site. He said that his main computer was messed up and that he was using some old P4 with a POS graphics card. So I lent him a graphics card that I had pulled when my son's computer got upgraded. He seemed like a good guy. A week or 2 after the party, I told him I was going to sell it for $40 on craigslist. He said he wanted it. I told him "no hurry with the money", thinking maybe a few weeks or a month. Here it is 6 months later and not a word. Our main contact was through facebook and I've messaged him several times in the last month asking for the card or the money. I have yet to get any response from any of them. After the first couple, he de-friended me. I guess thinking I'd go away. So then I messaged some of his family and friends that are on his list, asking them if they could help me resolve this. One contacted me and said he'd moved to Hartford City and that I should just forget about it. So I sent him another message telling him to at least man up and tell me to eff off and quit ignoring me like a pussy. Well, now I think he's blocked me specifically, because I can't see his wall anymore. And that's where I'm at now. It's not that it's an exceedingly good card, Radeon 4830, but I'd still like it back. Anyways, I'm pretty sure the messages from me to him are blocked, but if anyone else would like to send him one on my behalf, I would appreciate it. Link
Last edit: 11 Jun 2011 19:01 by Nacelle.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jun 2011 10:18 #16109 by Wingless92
Chris - Your too nice of a person, lol. I wouldn't let anyone borrow my stuff. I work to hard for my $$$.

Hopefully LanOC can help you out. Lets get something going on this. Then again if your only contact was through Facebook I would put that blame on you. I'm not saying that you are at fault here. I would have just got more info on him before, that's all.

I hope that you get this resolved swiftly.

If you need anything don't hesitate to ask.

I would call the cops and report him. Atleast there would be something on record then.

More
11 Jun 2011 10:26 #16110 by Nacelle
Well, I knew where he lived before he moved. I dropped him off after the LAN. Facebook is how we would talk, is what I meant. Maybe I should just show up there. I remember him mention living there with relatives, grandma maybe. I bet they still are there. Make him look bad to her would be fun. Not sure the cops would care. When do they really?

More
11 Jun 2011 10:29 #16111 by Wingless92
They do where I live, lol.

I would show up at his house and demand the $$$ or the card.

Simple.

More
11 Jun 2011 10:35 - 11 Jun 2011 10:37 #16112 by Nacelle
I'm not sure of his current address to show up at HIS house. Though there is one person in Hartford City with the same last name. Maybe he's living there. With no phone number listed, it's hard to justify the gas without calling first.
Last edit: 11 Jun 2011 10:37 by Nacelle.

More
11 Jun 2011 13:30 #16113 by Arxon

More
11 Jun 2011 18:25 #16116 by Twodavez
Message sent to him on Facebook:

Hey Man,
Why did you have to steal that computer like you did from my friend? He lent it to you so you could to the LAN in Ohio (even drove you to and from the party) and you just stiffed him on paying for it after you said you wanted to buy it. Just give him the $40 and be done with the whole thing.
Thanks,
David - Friend of Chris (Nacelle)

Side-Note: If he does end up paying for it, you should give us all a energy drink at the LAN next weekend with the money ;)

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
11 Jun 2011 18:59 #16117 by Nacelle
Ummm Dave!?! I only lent the graphics card, and it was in Fort Wayne. You know, where you live.

More
11 Jun 2011 19:15 #16118 by Dreyvas
Reading comprehension strikes again!

More
11 Jun 2011 19:26 #16119 by Nacelle
:)

Thanks Arxon, I commented on every possible place I could, at those links.

How about give the graphics card back I lent you.

More
12 Jun 2011 02:24 #16123 by garfi3ld
This sucks man, a LOT of people owe me money here and there for things. Even people on here. For an amount this low I wouldn't stress it too much. Time is money

Wes

More
12 Jun 2011 02:37 #16124 by Wingless92
I hate when people don't pay people they owe. That is why I very rarely lend stuff out. Or if I do sell something there is no way that I will get the money later. Either have it in hand or I will hold onto it until you do.

Would I lend someone $500? Na, I might as well burn it, cause 95% of the people won't pay it back.

Not everyone is like that though, there are still good genuine people out there.

This guy that Chris lent a GPU to is a douchebag.

If you are reading this. Pay him or return it, simple. Otherwise the shit is really gonna hit the fan.

More
12 Jun 2011 08:25 #16128 by Twodavez

Dreyvas wrote: Reading comprehension strikes again!

Isn't a GPU just like a computer? it has all the pieces :-) :whistle:

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
12 Jun 2011 08:36 #16129 by shocka
I lent my grandmother $3000 and she decided to never pay me back and then told me grandfather I was lying about the whole thing lol. FAMILYYYYYYYYYYYYY FTWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

Xfire: bigdizzl3 | Steam: wwweeezzzyyy

More
12 Jun 2011 17:39 #16134 by Nacelle
At least with family you go over to their house and eat their food. That adds up over time.

We have 1345 guests and no members online

supportus