Back from NeXus LAN

More
24 Oct 2010 23:36 #10552 by Wingless92
It was good to see everyone again. Had a great time but I wanted to comment on a couple of things.

1. The venue of NeXus is the best. Great building, easy parking everything, couldn't be better!

2. The raffle went great. I got 2 Asus shirts that I was looking for.

3. Sold my Motherboard and my Bamboo, the 5870 is still for sale

4. Tourney's were fun, Nacelle and I represented LanOC in the Starcraft2 tourney with Vulture's team taking the gold.

5. The Guitar Hero worked out better than I thought it would have.

6. The time of the LAN is what is the killer. I got there a tad bit early, Twodaves and I grabbed lunch and then setup our stuff. They have a great venue but the times that they have it at make it not the best venue. I got in bed at 6am today. They need to get a new venue with a better time meaning "have a longer LAN".

7. The start time was great. No one wants to wake up early and then game all day. This was a big surprise.

Like I said before, they need the venue that they currently have but have a longer LAN. It felt like we had just arrived and then we had to leave. For this and this alone I will not be returning until they do this. I just can't rationalize to myself to drive 6 hours round trip and game for 10. Its just not worth it to me. They did put on a great LAN but the whole time thing sucks. When people are leaving during the raffle something is wrong. It just wasn't 1 or 2 people either. I saw more than 5 people packing up and leaving during the raffle.

Thanks for the great LAN NeXus but until the length of the LAN is fixed I will not be returning. I hope you guys get this fixed cause you are all great people and you have a great venue, just need to work on the length of the LAN.

Tell all your staff that I had a great time and everything you guys did made me feel welcome.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We have 1854 guests and no members online

supportus