Anyone been following E3?

More
15 Jun 2010 13:13 #6591 by drpain
I saw pieces of Microsoft's conference and EA's conference and so far I haven't really been impressed with anything at all.

Microsoft's basically was 45-minutes of talking about their motion control thing (not really showing it off) while they had these people doing Cirque Du Soleil type things with a giant puppet elephant walking around. Yeah awesome games there....not. They also showed off a new slimmer 360 which is what the Xbox should have been from the beginning.

EA showed off a few of their games like Need for Speed Open, Dead Space 2, Medal of Honor, Crysis 2, more Sims 3, and Star Wars The Old Republic and new title by Epic called Bulletstorm.

Crysis 2 seemed very unimpressive, not sure if it was running on console hardware of what but the visuals seemed washed out and the over all appearance of the world environments seemed so 5 years ago. Swear I saw cars in the demo with square wheels.

Medal of Honor I'm not to sure about on this, I believe people from DICE are working on this title which should be good but I haven't really trusted a Medal of Honor game since Spearhead.

Sims 3......next

Need for Speed Open seems like what Test Drive Unlimited did where your in a sudo-mmo like world where you can race and interact with others in real time or you can just hope into single player races to earn money or whatever.

Star Wars the Old Republic looks promising especially since I used to play Star Wars Galaxies before SOE ran it into the ground so I'm pretty pumped about this game especially since Bioware is behind it so it should be good.

Epic games and Bulletstorm, looks bad, generic and same rehashed crap that Cliffy B loves to ram down the gamers throats, hopefully this title says on consoles because the PC crowd certainly won't buy it.

Other then that it has been pretty meh so far and E3 just doesn't seem like it used to be back in the 90's where people actually got new IP's for games or new consoles now it seemed like more tech demo's and promises more then anything.

Custom Built: AMD Phenom II X4 3.0GHz/G. Skill 12GB DDR3 1066Mhz/Crossfire ATI 6850's/3TB HDD

Macbook Pro: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66GHz/4GB DDR3 1066MHz/Nvidia Geforce 9600M GT 256MB/320GB HDD

Xfire: drpain
Steam: drpain
Live: Ocar
PSN: BillyBananas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jun 2010 13:21 - 15 Jun 2010 13:25 #6593 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic Re:Anyone been following E3?
I guess it depends on where you're watching it, G4 had some pretty good coverage of a few new IP's coming out from what I caught. Though I still would agree E3 isn't the same as it used to be.

The new 360 model will also have wifi on board, which is great. And Natal, now known as Kinect, will be available in November. The launch titles are nothing really spectacular, sport game and 'party' packages that for some reason see so much popularity on the Wii. The look and feel of them is interestingly close to the Wii as well, but a lot of the launch titles have been developed by those spear-heading the Wii, so I guess that makes sense in a sick, cruel world.

I haven't gotten to watch as much as I'd like. I worked literally all day yesterday and turn around to go back in from 10 until 7 today, but I hope to catch up on more after that.

Oh and apparently Microsoft has signed a 3 year agreement with Activision to have any Call of Duty map packs released on the Xbox 360 first.
Last edit: 15 Jun 2010 13:25 by Lersar.

More
15 Jun 2010 13:39 #6594 by drpain
Replied by drpain on topic Re:Anyone been following E3?
Oh forgot one more item from EA in regards to Bad Company 2

Prepare to head to the jungle!

Can't wait actually on this one, Battlefield Vietnam was my favorite of the series.

Custom Built: AMD Phenom II X4 3.0GHz/G. Skill 12GB DDR3 1066Mhz/Crossfire ATI 6850's/3TB HDD

Macbook Pro: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66GHz/4GB DDR3 1066MHz/Nvidia Geforce 9600M GT 256MB/320GB HDD

More
15 Jun 2010 16:07 #6598 by NitrosDragon
New 360 is nice, and, while I'd like one, I probably won't get it unless I can sell my current 360 for a pretty penny.

Unless (which it won't) surprisingly comes with a blu-ray player.
That's really the only thing I need. My old 360 works just fine, thank you very much.

Also, BF:BC2: Vietnam? Consider me interested! =D

[nahy-trohs-drag-uhn]
DISCLAIMER: If my reply offends you, I probably did it on purpose

More
15 Jun 2010 17:26 #6604 by Twodavez
NitrosDragon wrote:

This was a really good title that never really took off with my group of friends. My favorite map was the one that looked like a bulls eye from above where the US started on the bridge and needed to take over the town with a fort in the middle of it. The sounds were the vietnamese girl saying "turn around GI, there is nothing here for you" or "why die for nothing, no one likes you" It was pretty good and really made you understand a little of what it must've been like to fight a very unpopular war...

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
15 Jun 2010 20:39 #6611 by MurDerFace
I have here and there but nothing has really jumped out at my attention but to me its been alright so far...nothing mind blowing

Werd up home slice

More
15 Jun 2010 22:09 #6619 by Dreyvas
Twodavez wrote:

NitrosDragon wrote:

This was a really good title that never really took off with my group of friends. My favorite map was the one that looked like a bulls eye from above where the US started on the bridge and needed to take over the town with a fort in the middle of it. The sounds were the vietnamese girl saying "turn around GI, there is nothing here for you" or "why die for nothing, no one likes you" It was pretty good and really made you understand a little of what it must've been like to fight a very unpopular war...

This isn't even out yet, are you referring to the old Battlefield Vietnam game?

More
15 Jun 2010 23:37 #6621 by Nacelle

More
16 Jun 2010 00:53 #6622 by MurDerFace
lol im confused.....

Werd up home slice

More
16 Jun 2010 01:25 #6627 by drpain
AtomikNutSak wrote:

lol im confused.....

I think DICE is doing what they did with 1942 and porting some maps to the Frostbite 2.0 engine like it is with BF1943 which is supposed to hit the PC but haven't heard anything new but it is one PS3 and 360. Probably cost like 10 bucks for 4 maps, vehicles and some weapons. Doubt this is going to be a full blown expansion pack.

More
16 Jun 2010 01:35 #6629 by Lersar
drpain wrote:

AtomikNutSak wrote:

lol im confused.....

I think DICE is doing what they did with 1942 and porting some maps to the Frostbite 2.0 engine like it is with BF1943 which is supposed to hit the PC but haven't heard anything new but it is one PS3 and 360. Probably cost like 10 bucks for 4 maps, vehicles and some weapons. Doubt this is going to be a full blown expansion pack.

I think he was referring to the two posts of the same video.

More
16 Jun 2010 11:59 #6641 by drpain
Lersar wrote:

drpain wrote:

AtomikNutSak wrote:

lol im confused.....

I think he was referring to the two posts of the same video.

Whoops replied to the wrong post.

More
16 Jun 2010 18:06 #6646 by Lersar
Speaking of E3, after watching some hands-on footage, I've officially switched my background to Fallout: New Vegas.

More
16 Jun 2010 18:20 #6648 by Tim
Replied by Tim on topic Re:Anyone been following E3?
Lolz funny i just switched mine to Medal of Honor. :)

~Tim
My mom says I'm cool.

More
16 Jun 2010 18:29 #6651 by NitrosDragon
Lersar wrote:

Speaking of E3, after watching some hands-on footage, I've officially switched my background to Fallout: New Vegas.

I am excited for this. =]
And the Fallout MMO! :woohoo:

[nahy-trohs-drag-uhn]
DISCLAIMER: If my reply offends you, I probably did it on purpose

We have 1494 guests and no members online

supportus