Blur, THE NEXT GREAT LAN PARTY RACING GAME!

More
09 Jun 2010 12:14 #6451 by cytog64
Buy Blur...

Racing game with MarioKart weapons...

www.blurgame.com/brocklee

HERE IS THE BEST PART:

LAN MODE - 20 PLAYERS!

Love,
Tog

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jun 2010 13:45 #6457 by Lersar

More
09 Jun 2010 16:06 #6468 by garfi3ld
Anyone else planning on getting this? or already have it?

for pc that is

Wes

More
09 Jun 2010 16:26 #6469 by Nacelle
Ummm. I have it. :unsure: Still deciding if I want to buy it.

More
09 Jun 2010 16:35 #6471 by Lersar
Nacelle wrote:

Ummm. I have it. :unsure: Still deciding if I want to buy it.

Demo?

And the thread is yet to get an opinion aside from good LAN capabilities, if you've got a minute to tell us what you think

More
09 Jun 2010 21:39 #6474 by Nacelle
No, not a demo. Once I get it on all the kids computers, I'll let you know. Not sure how long that will take. Vulture is at grandma's house.

More
09 Jun 2010 23:41 #6478 by Twodavez
I remember seeing commercials about this game. Looked interesting although i'd never pay $40.00 for a racing game. Heck i don't think i'd pay $10 as racing games really aren't my thing. Why not just gather around a Wii and play the real deal... MARIOCART? :P

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
09 Jun 2010 23:42 #6479 by Lersar
Twodavez wrote:

I remember seeing commercials about this game. Looked interesting although i'd never pay $40.00 for a racing game. Heck i don't think i'd pay $10 as racing games really aren't my thing. Why not just gather around a Wii and play the real deal... MARIOCART? :P

Why play a game on a PC vs a Wii? What are you trying to start Dave? :P

More
09 Jun 2010 23:50 #6480 by Wingless92
Hey, I love my Wii. In wierd, non sexual way.

More
10 Jun 2010 00:17 #6482 by Twodavez
Wingless92 wrote:

Hey, I love my Wii. In wierd, non sexual way.

I'm just saying we grew up with being able to hit the guy next to us in the arm while playing when they nailed us with a red turtle shell, now you'll have to walk across the room to acomplish this task. Why mess with tradition :blush:

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
10 Jun 2010 10:23 #6485 by cytog64
Footage:
Tokyo -

LA Docks -

Bad Lands, NM -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUfVDJQ0_0Q

More
10 Jun 2010 10:47 #6488 by Nacelle
There's one problem with the game. It has a leveling system. People who play the game a lot will have access to all the best cars and gear. For the others that pick it up the day of a lan, they'll only have the basics. They'll literally watch the vets just drive away in their souped up cars.

More
10 Jun 2010 12:10 #6490 by Twodavez
Nacelle wrote:

There's one problem with the game. It has a leveling system. People who play the game a lot will have access to all the best cars and gear. For the others that pick it up the day of a lan, they'll only have the basics. They'll literally watch the vets just drive away in their souped up cars.

While i agree with this "problem"; how is it unlike most of the other games that we play at the LAN? LoL, MW2, BFBC2, COD4 (even though there is a cheat)... It's just the way games are going to keep people coming back to play to get that next new item or level to have the edge over their opponents.

More
10 Jun 2010 12:24 #6492 by Oh4sh0
Reviews on this game weren't very good. I think GRID's a pretty good LAN racer as well.

More
10 Jun 2010 14:10 #6495 by Lersar
Twodavez wrote:

Nacelle wrote:

While i agree with this "problem"; how is it unlike most of the other games that we play at the LAN? LoL, MW2, BFBC2, COD4 (even though there is a cheat)... It's just the way games are going to keep people coming back to play to get that next new item or level to have the edge over their opponents.

Depending on how it works, I can see where it can be a problem. In FPS, there still is a certain amount of skill required to use the unlockable guns, and I've seen plenty of level 70s using UMP45 builds, available from level 1. You can still be good with the original guns. In cars, 'better' cars actually give you a boost. It'd be more accurate to compare it to an RPG, where someone is level 50 vs 1. In an FPS, you can pull that off easy. Depending on how Blur approaches it, it could literally be impossible. And anything in between.

There isn't a straight competitive mode that allows for everyone to use set vehicles by chance is there?

More
10 Jun 2010 16:04 #6497 by Nacelle
I don't know this from experience. I just heard on a gaming podcast about it. They were saying that upper level players were way out front and they were in a battle for first. The rest of the players were almost in a separate race for ~9th place. In an FPSs, your perks might give you an advantage. But it's still possible for a low level person with skill to win. In racing, if your car's max speed is 150mph and another guys car can only go 75mph, there's really no way to for him to have a chance. Skill can't help in a situation like that. I'm not sure if there's mode to change that, I'll have to look into it. I've only played single player mode. It was fun enough. If you like Mario Cart and NFS, you'll like Blur.

More
10 Jun 2010 17:11 #6504 by Twodavez
Very well put Lersar & Nacelle! I agree with all points presented. Skill can overcome, but in cars, it's a different story. I'd be willing to try it at a LAN if someone has a "demo" available. There is no way i'll buy it...

More
10 Jun 2010 23:40 #6510 by cytog64
My roommate and I just spent a good 2 hours playing this and the game is proving itself nicely. This one is beautiful on my 1080p tv. We tried a track that was a downhill mountain drifting track...it was awesome! The Brooklin NY city race was cool too.

@Ranking issue-
In "Offline" LAN party mode all tracks, cars, and abilities are available to every player.

There is an definate advantage if I choose the Class A Dodge Viper and you choose the Class D VW bug.

@Game modes-
It has an all out combat arena (think flatout demo derby with weapons and 20 players). There is also a team combat mode. In total there are 6 different ways to enjoy this.

More
11 Jun 2010 00:46 #6511 by Lersar
cytog64 wrote:

My roommate and I just spent a good 2 hours playing this and the game is proving itself nicely. This one is beautiful on my 1080p tv. We tried a track that was a downhill mountain drifting track...it was awesome! The Brooklin NY city race was cool too.

@Ranking issue-
In "Offline" LAN party mode all tracks, cars, and abilities are available to every player.

There is an definate advantage if I choose the Class A Dodge Viper and you choose the Class D VW bug.

@Game modes-
It has an all out combat arena (think flatout demo derby with weapons and 20 players). There is also a team combat mode. In total there are 6 different ways to enjoy this.

Definitely sounds as though it deserves a chance.

More
11 Jun 2010 11:53 #6515 by Twodavez
I agree, sounds like they did a good job taking into account people want to all race vipers instead of beetles! :cheer:

We have 2263 guests and no members online

supportus