Call of Duty: Black Ops Video

More
21 May 2010 23:14 #6079 by Tiffany
Of course I'll be gone and I won't get to play it until 2011 :( and by then there will prob be more COD games out. What do you guys think, is it a MUST HAVE? I notice a lot of new things, weapons and such. ANYWAYS.. here is the world premiere video...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 May 2010 23:26 #6081 by garfi3ld
I want to be excited about it, but without infinity ward I don't know if I can continue buying COD games. Not to mention Activision continues to try to take all of money any way possible.

Wes

More
22 May 2010 04:53 #6099 by Lersar
I think it'll be interesting to see what they do with it. The storyline is the only thing I can see being different; as far as multiplayer goes, they have something that obviously works and probably won't mess with it too much. With little time between MW2 and BO, graphically it won't be anything new. But apparently Treyarch is hinting towards dedicated servers, so maybe they'll take the opportunity to provide some MP elements that people complain about in MW2, like killstreaks and certain weapons. You can't make everyone happy, but maybe they hope they can please just about everyone between the two?

A lot of assumptions there, I know. But I'm feeling analytical. :D

More
25 May 2010 16:57 #6170 by Koolaid84
Looks like any other CoD game imho, only a different storyline and no dedicated servers :P

Enjoy life. There's plenty of time to be dead. --Anon

More
25 May 2010 17:08 #6171 by Dreyvas
Koolaid84 wrote:

Looks like any other CoD game imho, only a different storyline and no dedicated servers :P

You mean, with dedicated servers? They're heavily rumored, at least.

More
28 May 2010 00:00 #6244 by Koolaid84
even with dedicated servers, i am guessing you'll have to pay to play :P

Enjoy life. There's plenty of time to be dead. --Anon

More
28 May 2010 02:07 #6245 by Dreyvas
Treyarch is already considered the inferior developer to Infinity Ward. If they have any say in it, I highly doubt they'd want to kill off any remaining fanbase they had left by making basically the first subscription-based FPS on PC.

More
11 Jun 2010 17:32 #6534 by Tim
Dedicated servers? Arrrrrrggggggghhhhhh!!!

Die topic die. Click click BOOM!!!!!

please resume your discussion COD: Black Ops

Treyarch's not all bad they put together one of the finest versions of Tony Hawk ever made.

~Tim
My mom says I'm cool.

More
11 Jun 2010 17:35 #6535 by Tim
Dreyvas wrote:

Treyarch is already considered the inferior developer to Infinity Ward...

By whom?

Infinity ward is obviously the "inferior studio" now due to their entire core development team quitting and joining Respawn.

Sounds like Treyarch is the number one dev for Acti/blizz now.

~Tim
My mom says I'm cool.

More
12 Jun 2010 03:00 #6552 by garfi3ld
Tim wrote:

Dedicated servers? Arrrrrrggggggghhhhhh!!!

Die topic die. Click click BOOM!!!!!

please resume your discussion COD: Black Ops

Treyarch's not all bad they put together one of the finest versions of Tony Hawk ever made.

They made a Tony Hawk game? Their Wiki only lists it as a port?

Infact outside of World at War, I don't see any games that stand out for being good. I really hope that Black Ops is a good game, but I think Treyarch has been a support developer up until now, porting IW's titles.

Wes

More
12 Jun 2010 04:19 #6557 by Dreyvas
Tim: I have no hatred for Treyarch. In fact, World at War is probably the FPS I'm the best at overall. I was just echoing probably the general opinion about them for the last few years. You're right, they probably do have a lot more going on for them right now than Infinity Ward.

We have 1694 guests and no members online

supportus