New CryEngine 2 Screens

More
21 May 2010 12:13 #6043 by drpain
gamingbolt.com/2010/05/20/new-cryengine-...w-you-away-visually/

This is going to be insane if they are able to pull this off and not load up on the CGI bullshots that have been happening in the industry this gen. Pretty visuals though I will give them that.

Hardware Requirements:
CPU: Doesnt exist.
GPU: Doesnt exist.
Memory: 32GB

:laugh:

Custom Built: AMD Phenom II X4 3.0GHz/G. Skill 12GB DDR3 1066Mhz/Crossfire ATI 6850's/3TB HDD

Macbook Pro: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66GHz/4GB DDR3 1066MHz/Nvidia Geforce 9600M GT 256MB/320GB HDD

Xfire: drpain
Steam: drpain
Live: Ocar
PSN: BillyBananas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 May 2010 13:23 #6049 by Twodavez
Replied by Twodavez on topic Re:New CryEngine 2 Screens
Gosh, and i thought buying a 12 gig, triple channel RAM kit was out of the question!
Guess we'll need a few to run things in the future. you'd think with technology getting smaller and faster at the same time, they'd figure out a way to do more with less, not more with more...

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
21 May 2010 14:06 #6051 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic Re:New CryEngine 2 Screens
I remember when they started showing off trailers off Crysis 2; they sent a batch in flip-book form, with a note saying that your computer simply wouldn't be able to handle it. :D

More
21 May 2010 14:27 #6053 by drpain
Replied by drpain on topic Re:New CryEngine 2 Screens
Here are some screen caps from the website if people don't want to scroll through them.

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

Custom Built: AMD Phenom II X4 3.0GHz/G. Skill 12GB DDR3 1066Mhz/Crossfire ATI 6850's/3TB HDD

Macbook Pro: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66GHz/4GB DDR3 1066MHz/Nvidia Geforce 9600M GT 256MB/320GB HDD

More
21 May 2010 14:42 #6056 by Twodavez
Lersar wrote:

I remember when they started showing off trailers off Crysis 2; they sent a batch in flip-book form, with a note saying that your computer simply wouldn't be able to handle it. :D

Is the point to just say it can be done?
Why build a game that no-one can play? :huh: 32 GB of RAM is alot, not to mention the video cards you'd need and then is there a bottleneck with the monitors, or are those able to display that many pixels? :unsure:

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
21 May 2010 14:48 #6058 by drpain
Replied by drpain on topic Re:New CryEngine 2 Screens
I doubt it is going to look at the screens, remember when the first Crysis came out and we all looked at the jungle scenes and people where like look at the leaves man they look so really and the leaves!!!!! Well when the final product came out I didn't see any leaves that looked real or even most of the fauna seemed to just be static and didn't "flow" in the wind like in the tech demos.

Plus we got to remember this is also being ported to the PS3 and 360 so I'm sure there are going to a lot of cuts then what we are seeing here.

More
21 May 2010 14:53 #6060 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic Re:New CryEngine 2 Screens
Twodavez wrote:

Lersar wrote:

Is the point to just say it can be done?
Why build a game that no-one can play? :huh: 32 GB of RAM is alot, not to mention the video cards you'd need and then is there a bottleneck with the monitors, or are those able to display that many pixels? :unsure:

A lot of it is bragging rights, and building on the reputation the first game set. I don't think they meant it serious, but it was a fun poke at the high system requirements, whether you love them or hate them.

More
21 May 2010 17:13 #6063 by Reaper
Replied by Reaper on topic Re:New CryEngine 2 Screens
I looked around and nowhere could I really see that it said these were "in-game" or "in-engine" screenshots. I have to believe right now that they are renderings from a program like Max or Maya. ... and if I'm wrong, it's about f'in time our games look like that. My 6 other hyperthreaded processors are tired of twiddling their thumbs while the other 2 are balls to the wall in most games.

More
21 May 2010 18:14 #6064 by Twodavez
Amen Reaper. I wish i had something that showed me realtime how much of my 4 cores i was using at a time. I know i don't use half of the ram i have now. Wish i had a small LCD on my PC that showed me what was going on while i was playing games. I know my GPU gets hot, but i think that's about the only strain on my PC right now...

More
21 May 2010 21:39 #6076 by NitrosDragon
drpain wrote:

Here are some screen caps from the website if people don't want to scroll through them.

+karma

[nahy-trohs-drag-uhn]
DISCLAIMER: If my reply offends you, I probably did it on purpose

We have 1429 guests and no members online

supportus