Counter-Strike: Source Update Now in Beta

More
17 May 2010 22:54 #5930 by garfi3ld
Valve still blows my mind. The game has been out for how long? They continue to to major updates!
store.steampowered.com/news/3805/

Wes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 May 2010 22:59 #5935 by Twodavez
Is this something we're going to have to buy as an update, or are they giving it to the people in anticipation of a new type of Counterstrike to come out later in the year?

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
17 May 2010 23:04 #5937 by garfi3ld
Free update

Wes

More
17 May 2010 23:08 #5938 by garfi3ld
there is a new counter strike coming out? I havnt heard anything about this

Wes

More
17 May 2010 23:16 #5940 by NitrosDragon
Sounds like a good time for me to get my skillz up again. ;)

[nahy-trohs-drag-uhn]
DISCLAIMER: If my reply offends you, I probably did it on purpose

More
18 May 2010 00:02 #5941 by Twodavez
garfi3ld wrote:

there is a new counter strike coming out? I havnt heard anything about this

Neither have i, just wondering why the instant upgrade of CS:S...

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
18 May 2010 00:08 #5943 by garfi3ld
oh Valve is always updating their source games. Look at how much they update TF2

Wes

More
18 May 2010 00:15 #5945 by Lersar
oh the purists are gonna be pissed

More
18 May 2010 00:17 #5946 by NitrosDragon
Purists will be pissed no matter what.
Besides, they don't bother with CS:S, they're still hung up on 1.6 .

I, for one, think CS is classic and I'm glad to see that they keep the community alive and beating.

[nahy-trohs-drag-uhn]

More
18 May 2010 00:18 #5947 by Twodavez
garfi3ld wrote:

oh Valve is always updating their source games. Look at how much they update TF2

Yeah, but i guess i feel that game was made for upgrades and updated. CS:s like Lersar said is about the purists! Even though the game hadn't been updated in a while, it was still $20.00 to buy!

More
18 May 2010 00:21 #5948 by Lersar
NitrosDragon wrote:

Purists will be pissed no matter what.
Besides, they don't bother with CS:S, they're still hung up on 1.6 .

I, for one, think CS is classic and I'm glad to see that they keep the community alive and beating.

That's true, and I'm with you. But I don't know how convinced I am that they all only play 1.6. I can't count how many times I hear people in-game saying how much better MW is than MW2. I'm sure especially at first there will be plenty of nay-sayers.

More
18 May 2010 00:25 #5951 by NitrosDragon
Lersar wrote:

I can't count how many times I hear people in-game saying how much better MW is than MW2. I'm sure especially at first there will be plenty of nay-sayers.

There will always be nay-sayers. I usually just tell them to STFU and hop back on their kiddie-console. Then mute. =]

[nahy-trohs-drag-uhn]

More
18 May 2010 02:43 #5959 by orref
That is cool. I used to play CS 1.5 / 1.6 quite a bit. Played source for a few seasons as well. This post made me check out thecpl.com/ and www.caleague.com. It looks like these sites are making a come back as well.

More
18 May 2010 19:33 #5968 by Lersar
NitrosDragon wrote:

Lersar wrote:

I can't count how many times I hear people in-game saying how much better MW is than MW2. I'm sure especially at first there will be plenty of nay-sayers.

There will always be nay-sayers. I usually just tell them to STFU and hop back on their kiddie-console. Then mute. =]

I love how you mock nay sayers and turn around to do it to console gamers in the same statement. :D

More
19 May 2010 00:37 #5976 by NitrosDragon
Lersar wrote:

NitrosDragon wrote:

I love how you mock nay sayers and turn around to do it to console gamers in the same statement. :D

That's just how I roll. ;)

[nahy-trohs-drag-uhn]

More
21 May 2010 23:33 #6083 by Leonresevil2
Achievements, Dominations, Revenges? Counter-Fortress 2. ;)

And achievements have almost been exclusively a console feature, so PC purists would be against that. So console hate there is invalid.

I don't get why people can't just tolerate consoles, PC, and all sources of (FUN). Whether waggling a wii or a mouse, we are just trying to have fun. Sorry, but it just pisses me off when people don't consider alternatives as reasonable. Debating quality is reasonable, but immediately discounting all consoles as for kids is just ... not right.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

More
22 May 2010 00:05 #6084 by garfi3ld
I don't think there has to be any more competition between pc's and consoles than between ps3 and xbox. They are all platforms.

Also, i love that steam includes achievements, its something simple that really can add to the life of your games.

Wes

More
22 May 2010 01:13 #6087 by NitrosDragon
Leonresevil2 wrote:

I don't get why people can't just tolerate consoles, PC, and all sources of (FUN). Whether waggling a wii or a mouse, we are just trying to have fun. Sorry, but it just pisses me off when people don't consider alternatives as reasonable. Debating quality is reasonable, but immediately discounting all consoles as for kids is just ... not right.

"DISCLAIMER:If my reply offends you,I probably did it on purpose"

I really have nothing against consoles, I own an Xbox 360 myself and recall taking 1st place at the Super Smash Bros. Brawl tournament at LanOC v4.0 (well, I should have!). :P

That's the last time I switch my main character out of cockiness. :huh:

Anyway, didn't mean to start a PC vs. console war or anything. It's just a matter of preference.

[nahy-trohs-drag-uhn]

More
22 May 2010 04:54 #6100 by Lersar
In similar news, you know they had a CS game on the original Xbox? Maybe PS2 as well, but I've only ever seen it for the original Live.

More
22 May 2010 11:38 #6109 by Twodavez
garfi3ld wrote:

Also, i love that steam includes achievements, its something simple that really can add to the life of your games.

Off Topic: but there are even achievements for Portal (i don't know if they have always been there) but i thought that was cool since we got that copy via Steam. I was honestly using the cameras on the walls as substitutes for the cubes to weigh down the swtiches. It didn't end up working, but i was thinking. I hate know that "Big brother" is watching :ohmy:

More
23 May 2010 18:06 #6121 by NitrosDragon
Lersar wrote:

In similar news, you know they had a CS game on the original Xbox? Maybe PS2 as well, but I've only ever seen it for the original Live.

I actually did. I hear it just didn't compare well with the PC CS or compete well with the other Tom Clancy games like Rainbow Six.

[nahy-trohs-drag-uhn]

More
23 May 2010 21:06 #6126 by Lersar
NitrosDragon wrote:

Lersar wrote:

I actually did. I hear it just didn't compare well with the PC CS or compete well with the other Tom Clancy games like Rainbow Six.

Yeah, it's a similar case among ports.

*ducks from 360 controller being thrown at his head*

FEAR was the same way.

More
24 May 2010 16:29 #6138 by NitrosDragon
It's upsetting to me that games are being made for as many platforms as possible. I feel that it thins out the developing and weakens the game.

[nahy-trohs-drag-uhn]

We have 2367 guests and no members online

supportus