Anybody Remember or Played This Game?

More
17 May 2010 18:18 #5923 by drpain

This was a great game when it came out in 2002 which complemented GTA 3 just nicely in terms of realism and an open environment.

The plot is set during the 1930's in a city that loosely resembles Chicago and New York with heavy influences from great mob movies such as the Godfather, Once Upon a Time in America and Goodfellas.

The player basically starts off as a taxi driver who unexpectedly picks up a member of the "family" and he quickly rises from being a wheel man to the Don's right hand man.

What made this game better then GTA 3 for me was the fact the police were actually competent and the player couldn't speed or drive like an idiot without being pursed by the police. You couldn't even walk in public with a weapon out because the cops would come and try to arrest or fine you.

If you guys haven't played it and love open sandbox time of games then I would totally check this game out, awesome story with twists and turns and a great soundtrack to set the mood of 1930's organize crime, totally worth the 10 bucks on ebay.

Custom Built: AMD Phenom II X4 3.0GHz/G. Skill 12GB DDR3 1066Mhz/Crossfire ATI 6850's/3TB HDD

Macbook Pro: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66GHz/4GB DDR3 1066MHz/Nvidia Geforce 9600M GT 256MB/320GB HDD

Xfire: drpain
Steam: drpain
Live: Ocar
PSN: BillyBananas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 May 2010 22:55 #5932 by garfi3ld
I never got into the GTA games, but this looks interesting

Wes

More
17 May 2010 22:57 #5934 by Twodavez
I know Daveyo beat it, i watched him some of the times, it was a pretty good game!

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
18 May 2010 12:35 #5962 by drpain
Yeah it was a great game and still is, Mafia II is schedule to drop August 24th which is a day one buy for sure.

Custom Built: AMD Phenom II X4 3.0GHz/G. Skill 12GB DDR3 1066Mhz/Crossfire ATI 6850's/3TB HDD

Macbook Pro: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66GHz/4GB DDR3 1066MHz/Nvidia Geforce 9600M GT 256MB/320GB HDD

Xfire: drpain
Steam: drpain
Live: Ocar
PSN: BillyBananas

More
18 May 2010 13:00 #5963 by Twodavez
the funniest thing i remember was a mission where you had to go kill someone and then get away. You had to steal a car and go up a huge hill, and the cars in the neighborhood that you kill the guy are really slow, so trying to chug it up the hill in this crappy car with the police following you was pretty funny! their cars were crap too, so they were always behind you but couldn't stop to shot you or pull you out of the car due to this steep hill. finally he got to the top of the hill into a nicer neighborhood and stole a faster car. It was pretty realistic if your into those types of games.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

We have 2229 guests and no members online

supportus