Insane Sim City 3000 Design

More
11 May 2010 13:09 - 11 May 2010 13:10 #5677 by drpain
This 22 year old architecture student living in the Philippines built a city in Sim City 3000 with over 6 million sims and a little over 9.1 million in total population. Took him like 3 years to build the whole thing and 1.5 of those years he spent creating a theoretical working design to do the grid layouts and find the best possible way to make the city and the sims efficient. He basically beat a game which is considered by many to be unbeatable.

Here's the link to the interview with the guy explaining his Totalitarian city and design process.
www.viceland.com/blogs/uk-games/2010/05/...t-who-beat-sim-city/

For the lazy here is the youtube video.

He wins like +100000 internet points from me, pretty crazy stuff.

Custom Built: AMD Phenom II X4 3.0GHz/G. Skill 12GB DDR3 1066Mhz/Crossfire ATI 6850's/3TB HDD

Macbook Pro: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66GHz/4GB DDR3 1066MHz/Nvidia Geforce 9600M GT 256MB/320GB HDD

Xfire: drpain
Steam: drpain
Live: Ocar
PSN: BillyBananas
Last edit: 11 May 2010 13:10 by drpain.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 May 2010 13:40 #5679 by Twodavez
Could you imagine going into an interview with a city as their architect and telling them you BEAT Sim City 3000? Wonder this is something he puts on hit resume?

Subways would be cool, too bad american's love their cars so much!

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
11 May 2010 16:14 #5691 by Tiffany
All I cant say is... wow.

More
11 May 2010 16:20 #5692 by technobear
Again.. even though we consider ourselves to be hardcore gamers.. this guys dedication puts us all to shame..

Heres to you mr geeky city planner genius guy!!!

*holds up stein of beer*

More
11 May 2010 17:56 #5699 by NitrosDragon
Now this is dedication. This guy kicks the ass of that guy who was playing the dumb gem game.

This is truly spectacular and I hope he has that game for download somewhere. I would love to see the details myself.

[nahy-trohs-drag-uhn]
DISCLAIMER: If my reply offends you, I probably did it on purpose

More
11 May 2010 17:59 #5701 by Twodavez
I just wanna load his city and unlsead a fire, godzilla, and a tornado like you used to be able to on the sim city games when you got bored with them...

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
11 May 2010 18:07 #5705 by NitrosDragon
Twodavez wrote:

I just wanna load his city and unlsead a fire, godzilla, and a tornado like you used to be able to on the sim city games when you got bored with them...

I second this.

[nahy-trohs-drag-uhn]
DISCLAIMER: If my reply offends you, I probably did it on purpose

We have 1645 guests and no members online

supportus