TF2 Tips

More
10 May 2010 00:45 #5626 by Shroud
TF2 Tips was created by Shroud
Ok, so I ordered a copy of TF2 and it should be here in a couple days. So, I was wondering if you guys had any tips you would be willing to share so I don't feel like a total noob when I start to play. Everything is welcome, class tips, general play, tricks, what not to do, etc. I figured a lot of you guys play so there must be some usefull knowledge among you. ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 May 2010 00:58 #5627 by technobear
Replied by technobear on topic Re:TF2 Tips
expect to get your butt handed to you alot..

More
10 May 2010 01:30 #5628 by Nacelle
Replied by Nacelle on topic Re:TF2 Tips
Start by playing a medic. Follow a heavy around, but keep everyone in your area healed. It's possible to get the most points in a round if you're constantly keeping everyone's health up.

More
10 May 2010 01:48 #5629 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic Re:TF2 Tips
Weapons were something I didn't understand at first. I kept seeing a Scout with a different shotgun than me, or a Heavy who had slow-down effect with bullets, and couldn't figure out how to get them.

Essentially you can get items, including weapons, two ways. The first is to achieve the milestone achievements (there are three) for the class you want the gun for. For instance, consider the scout. To unlock the Force-A-Nature shotgun, you have to complete Milestone 1, which is obtaining 10 Scout achievements, such as capturing three points in one life or killing 50 enemies while stunned. You can press Esc while in game to view achievements from the menu, and even set the ones you're aiming for to display on your HUD.

Second, you can find them randomly by playing on servers. It is random, but as I understand it they did tweak it so that it happened more often here recently. You can also find hats and other things.

Other than that, just have fun and allow plenty of time to play. Don't sit down with it when you have a class in a half hour, you'll be absent everytime. :)

More
10 May 2010 02:30 #5630 by Dreyvas
Replied by Dreyvas on topic Re:TF2 Tips
Remember, it's Team Fortress 2. I think a lot of people forget this. Make sure you're going for objectives and being useful.

More
10 May 2010 14:05 - 10 May 2010 14:05 #5639 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic Re:TF2 Tips
That's a good point too. The closest thing to deathmatch is Arena, where you only get one life per round, last man/team standing wins. Its not about getting the highest kill count, every match has a objective to be completed.
Last edit: 10 May 2010 14:05 by Lersar.

More
10 May 2010 14:08 #5642 by Twodavez
Replied by Twodavez on topic Re:TF2 Tips
Nacelle wrote:

Start by playing a medic. Follow a heavy around, but keep everyone in your area healed. It's possible to get the most points in a round if you're constantly keeping everyone's health up.

Message me on Steam when you wanna go with this game plan, i'll show you how a HEAVY should be played and get you lots of point! I love me a good medic. It's the most selfless class and you'll learn the maps pretty quickly becuase you can see where everyone hides and calls for healing!

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
10 May 2010 18:03 #5654 by Shroud
Replied by Shroud on topic Re:TF2 Tips
Awesome, thanks guys. And I will be sure to send you a message TwoDavez. Now I just got to wait for the game to get here.

More
10 May 2010 19:19 #5656 by Twodavez
Replied by Twodavez on topic Re:TF2 Tips
Where did you "order" it from and how much was it. I bought my copy through Steam and just downloaded it. All you need from the package is the CD Key, then you type it into your Steam account and it binds to your log-in, so you'll never had to use the CD :-)
But make sure to keep the CD Key handy in case someone hacks your Steam account. Providing the original CD Key is one of the easiest ways to unlock your account and be able to change your password.
My Brother-in-law found this out the hard way while at stompfest, luckily his mom was able to read him the CD Key and he got everything figured out. He ended up needing to use JJ's Son's steam account to play in the TF2 tourney becuase his account wasn't unlocked by the time it started...

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
11 May 2010 04:05 - 11 May 2010 04:06 #5672 by Shroud
Replied by Shroud on topic Re:TF2 Tips
I ordered it from walmart, they had it "online order only" for $10. I prefer having the disk to just having the file.
Last edit: 11 May 2010 04:06 by Shroud.

More
11 May 2010 04:16 #5674 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Re:TF2 Tips
you will end up downloading a LOT of updates going that route. But in the end you will still be able to redownload the full game if needed too.

Not a bad price also

If anyone is looking for a copy of tf I have an extra key btw

Wes

We have 1614 guests and no members online

supportus