Steam Cleint Beta / New Steam Client

More
24 Apr 2010 16:31 #4701 by technobear
That ive seen there isnt another thread dedicated to this. If there is just delete this one please.

What do you guys like about it? What dont you like? Any problems?

I have noticed that there is a compatibility issue between backups of games between the old cleint and the new client. Simply switching back fixed it. But when the old client is phased out what will happen to old backups?

I really like the new client moving away from the IE base seems to have worked well for them.

I have noticed that the beta has more setup to show you what your friends are doing. when you select a game in the store it shows you who else has the game.

and when in game i like how theyve added more features there..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Apr 2010 17:07 #4704 by Lersar
The Steam cloud in-game seems to work better too, and has a lot of good information.

More
24 Apr 2010 18:42 #4716 by Leonresevil2
Everything flows better, and looks better for me. I like the new features, and it makes the social network aspect more reasonable and useful.

I don't like how games pop up a warning about not reaching the Cloud, when playing Offline. That should be logically removed, since you have to opt to store your data on your computer, and opt to play offline.

I don't like how the forums don't use your steam login. That would make perfect sense.

Actually, in installing Impulse to get Demigod, I noticed how Impulse seems slightly empty and behind, compared to Steam. Of course, I had no friends added and I haven't used it much. Does anyone here actually use Impulse? Getting some review comparisons would be cool. (And hint to staff, maybe a review of the new Steam is in order?)

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

More
25 Apr 2010 01:45 #4733 by garfi3ld
We talked about covering the new steam, but we figured it would be best to wait until its out of beta.

I love how you can see what people are buying

Wes

More
25 Apr 2010 02:03 #4736 by Dreyvas
Yeah, the new Steam is pretty darn slick.

More
25 Apr 2010 03:22 #4738 by NitrosDragon

NitrosDragon approves!

[nahy-trohs-drag-uhn]
DISCLAIMER: If my reply offends you, I probably did it on purpose

We have 1366 guests and no members online

supportus