Demigod: Noob'd

More
08 Apr 2010 04:34 #3527 by Dreyvas
Demigod: Noob'd was created by Dreyvas
Am I really missing something, or does this game have one of the worst learning curves I've ever seen? I'm no RTS master, but Mike is really pretty good, and we installed it and played a game for the first time today. Did a 2v2 against the easiest AI setting and it lasted for over two hours until I quit after getting killed 30+ times in a row by the same enemy AI. No tutorial that I could find. What gives?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Apr 2010 06:37 #3528 by NitrosDragon
Replied by NitrosDragon on topic Re:Demigod: Noob'd
I've only played one game against it, on easy, but I won. Took me close to an hour, but I did it.

I did play one 3v3 online and got my ass kicked, though. I did put up a long ass fight.

[nahy-trohs-drag-uhn]
DISCLAIMER: If my reply offends you, I probably did it on purpose

More
08 Apr 2010 10:04 #3530 by Dreyvas
Replied by Dreyvas on topic Re:Demigod: Noob'd
I think maybe we had a bad Demigod matchup or something. I mean, we had all our upgrades and stuff.

More
08 Apr 2010 10:57 - 08 Apr 2010 11:21 #3531 by Nacelle
Replied by Nacelle on topic Re:Demigod: Noob'd
First off, go to DemigodDB It was made before the newest demigods came out, but it's useful for the rest. My first suggestion is, quit dieing. I know, that's easy for me to say. When an enemy kills you, you are just handing them a bunch of money to buy upgrades. Don't wade into battle and just stay there. At the first hint of it not going well, run!!!!! Don't wait until you health is at 1/4 to do so, that's too late. If you're the kind that does like to die a lot, keep heath potions in your inventory. I tend not to use them. I use demigods that can heal as part of their power. None-the-less, I've seen potions used to great success.

Another thing that's important is teamwork. When Vulture and I play, we compliment each other. If he's in battle and notices he's not going to win, he runs. This causes the enemy to give chase. I try to keep close enough to be able to run in and save him. The enemy then turns from him to me, because I'm right on him. Vulture can then turns around and uses another power on him. 2 on 1 is the way you always want it when you're at equal levels. I can't stress how critical communication is. When we had the Demigod tournament at LanOC, I ran a vent server so our team talk to each other easily.

You can also download replays from GameReplays.org . Take a look at some of the tactics they use. Play online. I learned a lot from that. Try to figure out what they did to kill you. Then use it when you play that demigod. You'll never learn good strategies from bots.

One last thing I find useful, get the favor item...
Saam-el's Cloak
+5% Movement Speed
Movement Speed cannot be reduced by more than 15%

Then buy Boots of Speed, +10% Movement Speed. If you're really rich, later, buy Journeyman Treads, 15% Movement Speed. This way, if you get hit by a spell that stuns you, you can still run away. There's nothing worse than hardly being able to move when someone's pounding on you.
Last edit: 08 Apr 2010 11:21 by Nacelle.

More
08 Apr 2010 11:50 #3532 by Dreyvas
With the not dying thing, that was the problem. I was using the Demon Assassin and I had my speed upgrades maxed, but I was facing the one that rides a cat, and she was always way faster than me. Any time I was anywhere near her she'd just silence me and kill me in a few hits, I couldn't use teleport scrolls or potions or run away. Sucked.

More
08 Apr 2010 15:40 #3543 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic Re:Demigod: Noob'd
Going off what Nacelle said about money, from what I've noticed you need to spend quite a bit upgrading your citadel as well as yourself. I've played games where we were on par with opponents, but eventually get over-ran by the more powerful minions.

More
08 Apr 2010 15:47 #3544 by Dreyvas
Our Citadel was fully upgraded before theirs, and I had some pretty expensive gear along with at least one fully done talent tree. I dunno. I'll give it another shot tonight, maybe.

More
08 Apr 2010 15:50 #3545 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic Re:Demigod: Noob'd
Dreyvas wrote:

Our Citadel was fully upgraded before theirs, and I had some pretty expensive gear along with at least one fully done talent tree. I dunno. I'll give it another shot tonight, maybe.

Ah, only other suggestion is have Nacelle on your team. ;)

Or in all seriousness, play against him a few times. You'll get your ass kicked, but there's no faster way to condition. I've only played a handful of times at LANs, and I'm to the point with Regulus that I can stay on par with the lead level.

More
08 Apr 2010 16:23 #3549 by Nacelle
I've been playing Company of Heroes since NexusLAN. I guess I'm gonna have to put in some time on Demigod, since you all have been practicing. I'll see if I can come up with some more tips.

More
08 Apr 2010 16:26 #3550 by Dreyvas
Yeah, I'll definitely check out the wiki.

More
09 Apr 2010 00:43 #3585 by Davey_Boy
Replied by Davey_Boy on topic Re:Demigod: Noob'd
Nacelle wrote:

I've been playing Company of Heroes since NexusLAN. I guess I'm gonna have to put in some time on Demigod, since you all have been practicing. I'll see if I can come up with some more tips.

OH NO!!! PLZ DON'T PRACTICE!!! haha We won't stand a chance if you do ;)

More
09 Apr 2010 01:05 - 09 Apr 2010 11:14 #3586 by Nacelle
Too late :woohoo:

BTW, when I play with bots, I give the other team nightmare AI and the ones on my team hard AI. Sometimes I'll knock one of mine down a notch beyond that, When it feals too easy.
Last edit: 09 Apr 2010 11:14 by Nacelle.

More
09 Apr 2010 19:00 #3639 by NitrosDragon
Replied by NitrosDragon on topic Re:Demigod: Noob'd
Nacelle wrote:

BTW, when I play with bots, I give the other team nightmare AI and the ones on my team hard AI. Sometimes I'll knock one of mine down a notch beyond that, When it feals too easy.

I've been playing on easy.
:ohmy:

[nahy-trohs-drag-uhn]
DISCLAIMER: If my reply offends you, I probably did it on purpose

We have 1533 guests and one member online

supportus