Worst Game of 2012

More
18 Dec 2012 09:54 #28653 by Fildy
Worst Game of 2012 was created by Fildy
Question brought up by Wes in video chat the other night. Multiple questions:

What is the worst game you played in 2012, of all time?
What is the worst game you bought in 2012, of all time?
What is the biggest disappointment of 2012, of all time?
What is your most underated game of 2012, of all time?
What is the most overated game of 2012, of all time?
What is the most rage inducing game of 2012, of all time?

With all of these, please give your whys as well, especially for rage inducing!

I'm a bear, put your head in my mouth.

I cry at night

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Dec 2012 12:28 #28654 by Fildy
Replied by Fildy on topic Worst Game of 2012
2012 - Probably Ravaged, sorry 2Dawn as a company I wish you the best and I hope that you do well in the future, there was just too much wrong with the game for me to be able to enjoy it. If you want more details you can check out my review in the games section.

All Time - Rise of the Immortals. Its a moba style game, and its free to play, but its just really really poorly programmed and not very fun to play. I tortured myself for some time last year for one of the steam events.

2012 - Saints Row 2. It is just not what I like. Perhaps some in game experience also tainted the game for me as a whole, but I just didn't like it. This was probably the toughest section for me as I didn't buy many games this year.
All Time - Kayne and Lynch. I first off want to say, I HATE YOU JEFF. See, he was ever so kind to hype this game up and get me all excited for it. He swore up and down that it was going to be the best thing since sliced bread. It was the ONLY game that I paid full price for that year, and its the biggest buyers remorse I have to this day, and I've bought chia pets!

2012 - Diablo 3, I just couldn't get into it like I was excited to. Its not to say its not a good game, I just couldn't enjoy it.

All Time - Driver 3, I waited ages for this game, and it kept getting delayed and getting delayed. When it finally hit it was a complete pile of buggy trash.

2012 - Black Mesa, it's not so much of a game as it is a mod, but taking me back to one of my first ever PC games with updated graphics was one of my highlights this year. A lot of folks downloaded this mod, but not enough. Go check it out!

All Time - Psychonauts. I'm not even going to spoil it for you. If you have played it, then you know what I mean. If you haven't you need to go play and THEN you will know what I mean.

2012 - (My date is a bit off here, but its close) Skyrim. I just cannot enjoy it like others seem to be able to. Its fun, and I have enjoyed it, but I don't see what all the fuss is about. No way could I see myself dropping 500 hours on it.

All Time - Any Guitar Hero Game. Seriously, they aren't fun, you aren't a musician and we all saw how quickly they lasted. It is now a dying genre, but while it was on top, it was WAY on top and I just found it to be awful.

2012 - HoN, Because of stupid BR noobs who feed and troll and MAKE ME WANT TO FLIP TABLES AND PUNCH THINGS MAINLY THEIR FACES. I HATE THEM ALL AND I WANT THEM TO GO PLAY RISE OF THE IMMORTALS AND LEAVE ME ALONE! On a more serious note, I am ultra competitive and no game gets my blood boiling like this one, I can't really explain it logically, so just go with the above.

All Time - HoN, See above.

I'm a bear, put your head in my mouth.

I cry at night

More
19 Dec 2012 06:08 #28658 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic Worst Game of 2012
2012: This actually just happened a few weeks ago, three of us jumped into some crazy Gary's Mod survival thing at around 4 in the morning. It was pretty terrible.

All time: Shattered Horizon. Beautiful game, unique twist, but I was terrible at it.

2012: Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City. I was hoping it would be the RE4/5 experience just from Umbrella POV, but they changed too much. Inventory system was especially weak, and the little I played was pretty absent of any sort of puzzle mechanics.

All time: Rage. Like many, I suffered terrible, terrible hardware problems. I still plan to go back to it, after New Vegas it was scratching that post-apocalyptic open world itch I had, but the textures...

2012: Diablo 3 without question. I enjoyed the game, but it just didn't pull me in like D2 did. I loved item hunting, and the AH really took a lot of the replay value away for me.

All time: Dark Souls. We went to pick this up for the PS3, midnight release, and I have to work early in the morning. We get home, my group is supposed to meet online, and voice communication sucks on the PS3, if its not supported in the game itself. We beat Demon Souls by letting our 360's run, switching input, and using the dashboard voice from the 360 while playing on the PS3. Wasn't an option for all of us this time around, so we had no way to communicate with one another other than speaker phone... which sucked. So we played for a few hours, by ourselves, hoping we could find each other at some point, but never did.

2012: Awesomenauts. It's plot is childish, the art is cartoony, but it is a blast to play, and really a nice, light introduction to the mechanics of the MOBA genre.

All time: I'm going to go with Killing Floor I think. This was a tough one, but it's just not one that you see taking the spotlight as a featured game at LANs or anything, yet Cory and I would recruit whoever we could find during the LAN to kill the undead with us.

2012: I'm going to say The Walking Dead episodes. I know the show is HUGE, but I wasn't impressed with the games. I'm not a huge fan of the dramatic zombie scenario to begin with; I like zombie games, but more on the light side.

All time: Madden.

2012: Planetside 2. I get ran over by more tanks than I do shot by the enemy.

All time: Final Fantasy 13. I broke two controllers fighting Barthandelus for the first time. I'm conducting a damn work of art, switching Paradigms and juggling my party's health and Stagger bars perfectly to wear him down slowly, and Square has him cast Doom! Seriously???

More
19 Dec 2012 06:56 - 19 Dec 2012 06:57 #28660 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Worst Game of 2012
these are all 2012 for the most part

Nexuiz

Take on Helicopters with Hinds DLC

Take on Helicopters with Hinds DLC

Payday
This game is offensive to some and its not the best looking game. But They did create a unique game that is a combination of objective and shooter that makes it a good time to play.

Diablo 3

Faster Than Light
You die almost randomly, but its still a lot of fun

Wes
Last edit: 19 Dec 2012 06:57 by garfi3ld.

More
19 Dec 2012 06:58 #28661 by jj_Sky5000
Replied by jj_Sky5000 on topic Worst Game of 2012
What is the worst game you played in 2012,dota2 yep not much different that dota and teh other 10 games that spwan from it

of all time? c&C4 wtf wher they thinking

What is the worst game you bought in 2012 total war2 i thought it would be fun
, of all time?C&C 4
What is the biggest disappointment of 2012,Diablo 3 just need more content, i level up to teh last act and then wtf 2 hits = dead

of all time? C&C 4
What is your most underated game of 2012,bf3 premium you have to own this!!! of all time? SUPCOM 2 & COH is where its I could play those games all day
What is the most overated game of 2012, COD 26 ( just joking ) of all time?COD1 great , cod 2 not so much cod 3 console only ( mmmhhmmm) $$$ Cod4 ( awesome again ) COd 5,6,7,8,9,10 yep that sume sit up

What is the most rage inducing game of 2012, Diablo 3 act 4 wtf ? of all time? C&C4 not sure if you can sell another c&c game

We have 1469 guests and one member online

supportus