Humble THQ Bundle

More
30 Nov 2012 08:06 #28518 by garfi3ld
Humble THQ Bundle was created by garfi3ld
www.humblebundle.com/

this is a great deal for those who haven't seen it yet!!

Wes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Nov 2012 08:47 #28519 by Twodavez
Replied by Twodavez on topic Humble THQ Bundle
Amazing how many they've sold. it was at like 45,000.00 at 3 pm when i realized it was going on. Wish the average price would've jumped higher earlier on to force people to pay more. These are some good games and worth more than the min $5.78

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
01 Dec 2012 20:09 #28527 by Wingless92
Replied by Wingless92 on topic Humble THQ Bundle
This sale pissed a bunch of people off. First cause they are not indie games. Second, cause the games have DRM on them, aka steam keys and that is not what the Humble Bundle is about.

More
01 Dec 2012 20:22 #28528 by Twodavez
Well, almost 500,000 people and 2.8 million dollars to me says it was a success...

Why do people get all mad about this kind of thing? Not that you are wingless, but you said some people weren't happy. well they can go somewhere else. As long as it doesn't require an origin key or some other 3rd party software to redeem, i'll continue to support games that should be cheap anyway since they're aging...

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
01 Dec 2012 21:46 #28529 by Wingless92
Replied by Wingless92 on topic Humble THQ Bundle
I don't disagree with you Dave, it's a stupid fight that people are putting up.

More
02 Dec 2012 01:20 - 02 Dec 2012 01:20 #28530 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic Humble THQ Bundle
Here I thought HB was about charity. Silly me.
Last edit: 02 Dec 2012 01:20 by Lersar.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreyvas, Plague

More
02 Dec 2012 04:55 #28532 by Twodavez

Lersar wrote: Here I thought HB was about charity. Silly me.

I wish they would publish after the fact how much money went to the site, the developer and the charity. I can see the totals from past humble bundles of people who bought and the total collected, but no break out.
Even if the developer only get 25% of the money, that's still a good bump for games that most people have already bought retail or buy the bundle for the one game they don't already have.

I know FortLAN bought a few extra copies to tie to a community steam account so that no one will have an excuse not to play COH with JJ and all the other RTS fans out there!

More
02 Dec 2012 04:57 #28533 by Twodavez

Wingless92 wrote: I don't disagree with you Dave, it's a stupid fight that people are putting up.

I tried to make it sound like i wasn't disagreeing with you, i just don't see who or what they could have beef with the developer doing this for. Unless they are share holders and think that giving the games away for Dirt cheap is going to hurt their stock value. To me it would make me think that people might look at THQ with a more favorable light and look into other titles they have since people like the ones they got with this deal.

I guess haters gonna hate...

More
07 Dec 2012 08:38 #28560 by jj_Sky5000
Replied by jj_Sky5000 on topic Humble THQ Bundle
up to 3.5 mil earned the other day , it has sold more copies than any thing else

Charity is getting a big boost,

the complainers are busy posting probley less tha 10000 peeps and the happy customer are playing the other 3.5 mil,

More
07 Dec 2012 22:28 #28564 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Humble THQ Bundle
They also added two more new games yesterday

Wes

More
09 Dec 2012 05:42 #28571 by Myndmelt
Replied by Myndmelt on topic Humble THQ Bundle
I bought this and gave most of the money towards THQ. They seem to have some problems going on, and if they add more games before the end I will probably donate more.

rgz.ca/2012/11/thq-responds-to-financial...e-humble-thq-bundle/

We have 1343 guests and one member online

supportus