Who is getting COD BLOPS DOS?

More
13 Nov 2012 21:49 #28423 by Myndmelt
Today is the day, So who is getting COD BLOPS DOS today (or already has it)? No spoilers please. :silly:

I will be picking up a copy at Best Buy today.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Nov 2012 00:12 #28427 by Dreyvas
I already have it on Steam, I'll be playing tonight. That said, this is the last CoD game I'll be getting unless they go back to releasing actual PC-oriented games. I didn't buy MW3, and was hoping this one would be closer to the original Blops than it is. Oh well. I'm sure I'll still play quite a bit.

More
14 Nov 2012 03:41 #28430 by garfi3ld
I have it and I'm planning on playing a lot of multiplayer. Get with me and I will join you guys at times.

Wes
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreyvas

More
14 Nov 2012 03:54 #28432 by Dreyvas

garfi3ld wrote: I have it and I'm planning on playing a lot of multiplayer. Get with me and I will join you guys at times.

Awesome! It's been too long, we should get a group together to get our game on in LanOC vent tonight.

More
14 Nov 2012 03:58 #28433 by garfi3ld
I'm down with this. I will enjoy the game as long as we have people to game with

Wes

More
14 Nov 2012 08:52 #28438 by draymac
I got it and hoping to get some time to play all you fools!

Seeing this come out brings back a lot of great memories for COD games with the LanOC crew. Let's rekindle that old flame! I got your care package "right here!" ;-)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

More
15 Nov 2012 01:44 #28443 by Myndmelt

Dreyvas wrote: I already have it on Steam, I'll be playing tonight. That said, this is the last CoD game I'll be getting unless they go back to releasing actual PC-oriented games. I didn't buy MW3, and was hoping this one would be closer to the original Blops than it is. Oh well. I'm sure I'll still play quite a bit.

Can we discuss this? What are you missing out on if they designed it for console first? I guess just fill me in on the ups and downs.

Also let me throw in my prospective. I know a lot of people buy the game from steam, but I like to have a physical copy of my own for most games. Also when you have a gift card to Best Buy and not Steam, its hard to pass that up. So I reserved my PC copy from Best Buy. I went in the store to pick it up yesterday and they had a huge cart behind the cash wrap with tons of pre-ordered Call of Duty Games, some were the special edition but most were just rows and rows of XBOX 360 and PS3 versions. They asked me which platform my pre-order was on and I said "pc" they were like "ohh... uhh.,,..hmm" and started looking all around the cart, then they went behind some wall, came back three minutes later and asked a co-worker about the PC ones. The co-worker told the guy to go into the back and look for it. He goes to the back of the store, and comes back about another 10 minutes later and says.. "Is this the one you are looking for". I look at it and it says PC. Then the lady next to him, tells me that I am the only person to come pick up a copy on PC, both at the midnight release and that entire day yesterday (that she saw), until the point that I got there.

So you can understand why the game might be made to be less PC oriented. I would say PC might be only 20-30 % of their entire sales, AT BEST. I mean, there were already cracked copies floating around on torrent sites as of last night.

I'm not saying it wouldn't be nice if the game would be designed with pc players in mind, but I'm just sharing my experience with my getting my copy.

More
15 Nov 2012 01:52 #28446 by Dreyvas

Myndmelt wrote:

Dreyvas wrote: I already have it on Steam, I'll be playing tonight. That said, this is the last CoD game I'll be getting unless they go back to releasing actual PC-oriented games. I didn't buy MW3, and was hoping this one would be closer to the original Blops than it is. Oh well. I'm sure I'll still play quite a bit.

Can we discuss this? What are you missing out on if they designed it for console first? I guess just fill me in on the ups and downs.

Also let me throw in my prospective. I know a lot of people buy the game from steam, but I like to have a physical copy of my own for most games. Also when you have a gift card to Best Buy and not Steam, its hard to pass that up. So I reserved my PC copy from Best Buy. I went in the store to pick it up yesterday and they had a huge cart behind the cash wrap with tons of pre-ordered Call of Duty Games, some were the special edition but most were just rows and rows of XBOX 360 and PS3 versions. They asked me which platform my pre-order was on and I said "pc" they were like "ohh... uhh.,,..hmm" and started looking all around the cart, then they went behind some wall, came back three minutes later and asked a co-worker about the PC ones. The co-worker told the guy to go into the back and look for it. He goes to the back of the store, and comes back about another 10 minutes later and says.. "Is this the one you are looking for". I look at it and it says PC. Then the lady next to him, tells me that I am the only person to come pick up a copy on PC, both at the midnight release and that entire day yesterday (that she saw), until the point that I got there.

So you can understand why the game might be made to be less PC oriented. I would say PC might be only 20-30 % of their entire sales, AT BEST. I mean, there were already cracked copies floating around on torrent sites as of last night.

I'm not saying it wouldn't be nice if the game would be designed with pc players in mind, but I'm just sharing my experience with my getting my copy.

I don't really care what the percentage numbers are for PC sales, if the game doesn't interest me I won't buy it. Period. I'm not asking to be catered to here, but why would I buy games that don't interest me? There's plenty of other stuff to play.

The things the game is missing from a PC perspective are dedicated servers (for ranked matches, or are they completely gone?), mods and better graphics. The game looks like a blurry pile of crap even with my GTX 680. Not a fan of the visuals whatsoever.

That said, I do enjoy the gunfire sounds in this game, and the gunfights are top-notch. I'll be putting in some decent playtime in the upcoming months, I'm sure.

More
19 Nov 2012 01:38 #28464 by garfi3ld
what does everyone think of it so far?

Wes

More
19 Nov 2012 03:26 #28465 by Myndmelt
I think its pretty awesome, the mp has a better feel than MW3 did. The maps are colorful and have a good balance of inside and outside areas. I like the pick 10 system for perks and attachments. I think its a pretty good MP game over all. The single player seems to be pretty cool but I've only checked out a bit of it so far. I haven't done the zombies yet.

More
19 Nov 2012 04:17 #28466 by Dreyvas

Myndmelt wrote: I think its pretty awesome, the mp has a better feel than MW3 did. The maps are colorful and have a good balance of inside and outside areas. I like the pick 10 system for perks and attachments. I think its a pretty good MP game over all. The single player seems to be pretty cool but I've only checked out a bit of it so far. I haven't done the zombies yet.

Fully agree. I love how they reward you for playing the objective.

We have 1229 guests and one member online

supportus