Borderlands 2, are you playing it?

More
18 Sep 2012 08:19 #27995 by garfi3ld
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Sep 2012 10:16 #27996 by Arxon
no and don't plan to

More
18 Sep 2012 10:36 #27998 by Dreyvas
Yep, great game. Really enjoying it, the dialogue is A+ and they do a nice job of rewarding you with cool loot and abilities. Can't wait to play more.

More
18 Sep 2012 16:26 #28005 by Twodavez
I really wasn't impressed with the first one, but really never was able to find a good group to run around with, as i bought it long after it came out, so everyone was either done with it, or high level...

The game looks cool, and it was pretty cheap with all the codes and coupons floating around, but i just am still torn. I didn't get Guildwars 2 which i think i'd play more than Borderlands 2 because of the lack of time i have to play games right now. This would be super fun at a LAN or as a scheduled friday/saturday night group thing, but i think i'm going to wait on it and maybe just pick it up at a LAN impulse style when everyone else is playing it.

Keep up the discussion, it keeps me wanting to get it and maybe i'll cave into the the preasure of not playing it with everyone else...

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
18 Sep 2012 16:47 #28006 by Dreyvas
Also, I'll just leave this here ;)

More
18 Sep 2012 20:12 #28009 by Wooderson
I will pick this one up at soon as possible. I have over 160 hours in the first one. Can't wait to play it.

I kill CPU's

More
18 Sep 2012 21:46 #28014 by Ropplestiltskin
I want to get this game but right now just can not afford the game.

Ok so I need a bottle of nitro, a stick of Dynamite, a roll of duct tape and ... Oh yeah! a squirrel

More
19 Sep 2012 10:20 #28024 by Dreyvas
Ugh, crippling connectivity issues after Steam maintenance tonight. Can't connect to any multiplayer games. :(

More
19 Sep 2012 11:42 #28026 by Arxon
Dreyvas, the fact it has lan support astounds me these days. I might just buy it to support them for thinking of lan parties.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreyvas

More
19 Sep 2012 16:11 #28027 by Twodavez

Arxon wrote: Dreyvas, the fact it has lan support astounds me these days. I might just buy it to support them for thinking of lan parties.

Arxon, we're a little far away to make the trip, but from what i've read Gearbox Community Day was Awesome and alot of people found new respect for the game developer after attending.
www.qconforums.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=1245

Still not sure when i'd have the time to play it, but it's something i'd like to pick up before the next LAN (Which is IU: Oct 13-14 - 500 Person LAN :woohoo: )

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
19 Sep 2012 17:00 #28029 by CrazyBillyBob
LOVE IT!!! Hit Lvl 10 last night. Dialog was great. Bosses are challenging, and the game play is addictive. They have taken the rough edges of the first and polished them smooth. Great game.... I see a lot of my time disappearing to Pandora :)

More
19 Sep 2012 19:53 #28031 by Davey_Boy
I love Borderlands 2 so much! I started playing yesterday and didn't stop for like 6 hours straight. :blink:

Dialog is top-notch!

More
19 Sep 2012 20:28 #28033 by Arkoth
Yep, got to level 7 last night. Loving every minute of it. Now I have to somehow manage my time between this and Guild Wars 2.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Satansoul

More
22 Sep 2012 20:55 #28091 by trgtprctc
This is definitely going to go down as one of my all time favorites. Single player on the first one was not that enticing for me; though, the LAN action was fantastic. Gearbox did a hell of a job improving the solo experience on this one. I am looking forward to some co-op play as well.

More
22 Sep 2012 23:54 #28092 by Wooderson
I picked it up, can't wait to play, but I have one more day of work first. Is the friends system the same, or can you join games straight through Steam.

I kill CPU's

More
25 Sep 2012 22:37 #28105 by CrazyBillyBob
You can Join directly through Steam now. It is one of the many improvements in this version :)

More
27 Sep 2012 02:45 #28109 by cytog64
There are so many great LOL moments!!!

I just got this gun yesterday and about fell out of my chair:

The following user(s) said Thank You: garfi3ld, Dreyvas, Arxon

More
27 Sep 2012 07:39 #28110 by trgtprctc
That is awesome. :lol:

More
27 Sep 2012 07:56 #28112 by garfi3ld
I just want to point out that I have watch that video 4 times today and laughed each time

Wes

More
18 Oct 2012 23:06 #28254 by Wingless92
I didn't want to make a new thread about this so I'll just add to this one.

I'm on the "Bunker" boss. Not that it really matters but I just wanted to give y'all a heads up were i'm at.

The fast travel in this game is FUCKING BROKEN, well, that or the saving system. So many times I have had to go through all of the trash that I cleared out the first time I ran though.

Example, in Thousand Cuts for the "Bunker" boss. You run in, clear some trash, head up the road, clear more trash, kill the "Constructor" and then head around the corner. You come up on two sentry's on the building blah blah blah. You get it. Well I was having some problems killing "Bunker" so I fast traveled back to Sanctuary to fill up on some ammo and sell some stuff. Finish all that up and go back to the fast travel point. I can't just travel to "Bunker" I have to travel to Thousand Cuts and do it all over again.

This isn't the fist time I ran into this either. The mission with the big bird called Bloodwing I think, I had to do that about 5 times cause it would dump me back in the beginning.

So with that, i'm done with the game. What I really want to do is figure out the Badass Rank MOD.

It's a great game but I just can't see me "Dealing" with the BS save/travel system. Not sure if i'm the only one that has this problem or not. Posted up on twitter to Gearbox and no response yet.

If you haven't played Borderlands 2 yet, just be aware. It will drive you nuts and piss you off every time you save/travel.

More
19 Oct 2012 03:00 #28255 by Dreyvas
Over 20 hours in so far and I have never once had this problem, fwiw

More
19 Oct 2012 05:16 #28256 by renegade
I never leave a mission zone till I am done. Fast traveling out resets the mobs when you return. It was the same way in Borderlands 1.

Never had an issue with having to leave to go get ammo etc. I will run out of one kind or 2 but i swap out to dif weapons etc. I always keep 1 of each type weapons on me at all times.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Arxon

We have 1283 guests and one member online

supportus