GameSave Manager

More
30 Aug 2012 21:56 #27708 by Dreyvas
GameSave Manager was created by Dreyvas
Not sure if anyone is still thinking of doing a last-minute reformat before the LAN, but this looks amazing. I'll probably give it a shot this evening.

www.gamesave-manager.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Aug 2012 22:22 #27709 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic GameSave Manager
am I missing somewhere on the site that has pictures of what to expect the software to look like? I just wanted to check out how it all works

Wes

More
30 Aug 2012 22:24 #27710 by Dreyvas
Replied by Dreyvas on topic GameSave Manager
I don't see any screenshots on their site, no. The list of supported games is quite impressive, however: www.gamesave-manager.com/?s=support&c=supported_games

More
30 Aug 2012 22:37 #27711 by Twodavez
Replied by Twodavez on topic GameSave Manager
Maybe i'm living in a dream world, but are game saves now saved by Steam if a true steam game or usually through the manufacturer's online system that is usually required to be signed into prior to playing a game?

i'm thinking mainly about GTA IV, isn't the game saves stored on the microsoft cloud since you have to sign into their system to play the game?

I'm not trying to question this site, just wondering if it's a 2nd layer of protection, or the first layer...

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
30 Aug 2012 22:44 #27712 by Dreyvas

Twodavez wrote: Maybe i'm living in a dream world, but are game saves now saved by Steam if a true steam game or usually through the manufacturer's online system that is usually required to be signed into prior to playing a game?

i'm thinking mainly about GTA IV, isn't the game saves stored on the microsoft cloud since you have to sign into their system to play the game?

I'm not trying to question this site, just wondering if it's a 2nd layer of protection, or the first layer...

...what? What do you mean by a "true" Steam game, you mean something developed by Valve? The point is that there is no current standard for backing up your game saves. Some games use the Steam cloud, some games use other online storage via the developer or an online account, some games use nothing. This software solves that issue by centralizing and storing all your game save files in a single place.

More
30 Aug 2012 22:49 #27713 by Twodavez

Dreyvas wrote:

Twodavez wrote: Maybe i'm living in a dream world, but are game saves now saved by Steam if a true steam game or usually through the manufacturer's online system that is usually required to be signed into prior to playing a game?

...what? What do you mean by a "true" Steam game, you mean something developed by Valve? The point is that there is no current standard for backing up your game saves. Some games use the Steam cloud, some games use other online storage via the developer or an online account, some games use nothing. This software solves that issue by centralizing and storing all your game save files in a single place.

Got'cha, so it would be a 2nd layer of protection, but really a failsafe since it would all be in one place. I like it!
I might do this anyway, even if i'm no looking to reformat, just because i've got enough game play into GTA IV that i would hate to loose!

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
30 Aug 2012 23:54 #27714 by Myndmelt
Replied by Myndmelt on topic GameSave Manager
Awesome, I will try this out, thank you! I wonder If could set my backup file location to be my dropbox folder? Hmm, I will have to find out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Twodavez

More
31 Aug 2012 00:27 #27720 by Twodavez

Myndmelt wrote: Awesome, I will try this out, thank you! I wonder If could set my backup file location to be my dropbox folder? Hmm, I will have to find out.

Good idea, although if it's a large file, it might take valuable space online...
Let us know if this works please!

More
31 Aug 2012 00:38 #27721 by Myndmelt
Replied by Myndmelt on topic GameSave Manager
Best named game on that list of supported games

1... 2... 3... KICK IT! (Drop That Beat Like an Ugly Baby)
http://store.steampowered.com/app/15540

More
31 Aug 2012 01:29 - 31 Aug 2012 01:30 #27722 by Wooderson
Replied by Wooderson on topic GameSave Manager
I used GameSave Manager v2 before it worked on all but a few games. I thing they are on V 3 now. Here is a screenshot

I kill CPU's
Attachments:
Last edit: 31 Aug 2012 01:30 by Wooderson.

More
31 Aug 2012 02:17 #27724 by trgtprctc
Replied by trgtprctc on topic GameSave Manager
I just used this app a few weeks ago when migrating to a new build. It is flat out amazing. I will absolutely use it again in the future...highly recommended.

More
31 Aug 2012 22:38 #27745 by Twodavez

Twodavez wrote:

Myndmelt wrote: Awesome, I will try this out, thank you! I wonder If could set my backup file location to be my dropbox folder? Hmm, I will have to find out.

Good idea, although if it's a large file, it might take valuable space online...
Let us know if this works please!

I tried this last night and was able to create a new folder in my drop box to put the back-up into. I even set up the weekly back-up to go there too. It worked fine for me.

Thanks for suggesting in Myndmelt!

More
04 Nov 2012 00:24 #28357 by Dreyvas
Incredibly late bump, but I did finally get around to trying this and the Dropbox support is flawless. Highly recommended.

More
04 Nov 2012 11:22 #28361 by Arxon
Replied by Arxon on topic GameSave Manager
I know with MW3 it doesn't matter the Pc it changes all the files based on the pc you play on for settings. This would be nice but I play too many games on different pcs for it to keep up with.

More
04 Nov 2012 12:15 #28362 by Dreyvas
Sure, tons of games use Steam cloud nowadays. This is just nice for those that don't.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Arxon

We have 1137 guests and one member online

supportus