Aliens vs. Predator

More
11 Feb 2010 00:23 #2058 by NitrosDragon
Anyone else excited for this game?
Don't have a lot of time to type about it right now, but I downloaded the demo and multiplayer is a blast! I'm definitely getting it after it is released.

[nahy-trohs-drag-uhn]
DISCLAIMER: If my reply offends you, I probably did it on purpose

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Feb 2010 03:37 #2059 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic RE: Aliens vs. Predator
I've heard good things about some of the past AvP games, wouldn't mind trying it

More
11 Feb 2010 14:45 #2067 by Twodavez
Replied by Twodavez on topic RE: Aliens vs. Predator
The previews look really good for it. I might pick up the demo on steam.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
11 Feb 2010 15:12 #2069 by Reaper
Replied by Reaper on topic RE: Aliens vs. Predator
Demo downloaded, now to find time to actually play it!

More
11 Feb 2010 15:19 #2070 by NitrosDragon
Anyone who's playing on steam and see me online, don't hesitate to let me join in and kill you. ;]

[nahy-trohs-drag-uhn]

More
12 Feb 2010 01:27 #2073 by Twodavez
Replied by Twodavez on topic RE: Aliens vs. Predator
I downloaded the demo and i wasn't impressed. there was a disclaimer that the graphics aren't the same as the release, but the deathmatch was pretty terrible, i couldn't see anyone until i died and my little machine guy wasn't any match for the claws of the cloaking guys who just come up and kill you instantly from behind... Maybe after seeing it at the LAN i'll think otherwise. Not that i'm in the mood to spend $60 on a game right now anyway, if i were, i'd buy MW2 since that's already established and people play it!

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
14 Feb 2010 15:43 #2094 by cytog64
Replied by cytog64 on topic RE: Aliens vs. Predator
I was a big time fan of the original AvP games. The single player was amazing and presented a fun story for those of us geeks that own (and watched multiple times) every one of the films.

The multiplayer on the other hand was not that impressive because it was unbalanced (well the deathmatch). I guess this was to be expected if the designers were basing the combat on what we have seen in films.

The game was a sleeper. The lanpartiers of the time preferred to either play counter strike or the battlefield series so this one was largely ignored.

I loved how the game let you play all the classes.

I always played the Alien because I loved the hyper speed melee and wall waking. I could always see the heat/pheromone signature of other players so you could not hide from me. The ability to pounce( it's what TIGGERS do fast ) was my favorite move but made the alien's effective melee damage into an insta-kill ranged attack. My second favorite move was the head bite because it had the same demoralizing effect of knifing someone in Battlefield2142 or CoD. I felt that the alien was balanced because someone could fart and dismember an alien (when they later introduced the game breaking predalien I gave up caring about balance). The health kits for the alien came from eating your defeated enemies.

It was the predator that irritated me the most. Lots of health and an array of auto tracking weapons. The worst part was the " Smart Disc " (made popular in the second film) that could kill you no matter what you did. It was the "I win" button that ruined the game for me.

Last of all the classes was the Marine which I felt horrible for the players we could trick into playing. They were easy to kill. The only effective thing I found I could do with a marine was get an explosive weapon and use the spray and pray tactic for some cheap satisfying kills.

I hope in the new game they do add the other multiplayer mods.

There was a king of the hill mod that allowed one player to be a predator (you only got points while you were king) and pitted everyone else as a team of marines against them.

There was also a gauntlet mod that allowed you to play on a combined team of predators/marines to fight off endless waves of aliens. This one is much like the zombie mod in CoD:W@W.

I would love a cooperative story mode for the aliens and marines (the predator almost always works alone).

More
14 Feb 2010 16:00 #2096 by cytog64
Replied by cytog64 on topic RE: Aliens vs. Predator
Just found a game spot vid showing the new muli:

They do have the fun mods I loved. He didn't really answer the balance question very well.

More
01 Mar 2010 22:24 #2265 by NitrosDragon
Own the game and love it. Anyone who is a fan of the franchise, I recommend it. Anyone who is going into it strictly for FPS gameplay or the multiplayer, it may depend on your taste in gameplay.

[nahy-trohs-drag-uhn]

We have 1548 guests and one member online

supportus