Facepalm

More
16 Jan 2010 16:10 #1787 by Lersar
Facepalm was created by Lersar
So I pick up the latest issue of GamePro for the first time in years to read on the plane, and come across the inbox section, where staff respond to reader mail. Talking MMOs, one of the writers has this to say: "When it comes down to is, the way MMOs are built, they just don't work on consoles too well. Halo Wars is probably the lone exception to the rule, but you just can't get around the fact a good 'ol mouse-and-keyboard combo is the best way to command an army."

...wut?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jan 2010 19:57 #1788 by Tim
Replied by Tim on topic RE: Facepalm
Halo Wars = MMO????? what are the dudes at game pro smokin?

How is this magazine still being published with ignorant statements like that. I would have cited the success of Final Fantasy 11 which is a console MMO i think .

~Tim
My mom says I'm cool.

More
20 Jan 2010 19:25 #1798 by Shibumi
Replied by Shibumi on topic RE: Facepalm
Maybe he meant to write RTS considering he did indeed say command an army. I think he made a typo on the genre and the editor wasn't doing his job when he gave this the go-ahead.

More
20 Jan 2010 19:55 #1800 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic RE: Facepalm
True, but he's still confused about genres, if he's responding to an MMO letter, kinda mashed the two together. Could be a late night response, I can sympathize with that.

Luckily, I fought the urge to put the issue down right then and there, and there we're a quite a few worth reading articles. Not sure if it was by him or not; the only claim to the response was initials.

We have 1754 guests and one member online

supportus