Haha!! Another Build DONE! My 5 Hour Mod.

More
26 Jun 2013 18:51 #31551 by SpeedBump
I have a LAN party this weekend and really wasn't into tearing down Snow White and hauling it. It is so big and purty, its hard to transport. I have to pack it up really carefully so I don't damage it. Anyway, I had planned on just taking one of my 24"LCDs and running my son's Sager. (i7, 8gb RAM, GTX675m) It works well enough, but I have tons of stuff on my storage drive that I like to access at the LANs. That leads me to this. I decided to use the components from my acrylic build and stuff them into an old mod I did years ago. The case is a Silverstone Sugo that I just happen to WIN at this same LAN Party. Seemed only fitting it would make a return. I didn't want to spend alot of time actually modding and hacking, but wanted to run a full H2O loop. After lookin in my pile of spare parts, I decided to get to it. Loop consists of a XSPC Raystorm CPU block, Koolance full cover GPU block, Swiftech Mico Res, EK 120mm Rad and Swiftech MCP 655 pump. Just used some left over tubing from Snow White and standard barbs. Managed to get it all stuffed in without having to cut up the case, save for taking the bottom out of the 5 1/4 bay for the Corsair AF120 fan. Made a custom acrylic shroud to vent the exhaust out the front of the top 5 1/4 bay. Running Prime95 on it now to see if the single 120 can keep the temps in check. Ran a loop of Heaven Benchmark for about 25-30 minutes and never saw 40c on the GPU (GTX460 768mb) At the moment 25 minutes of Prime and the CPU is holding a nice 47c. I'm kinda surprised this little 120 is doing so well.

Here are a couple pix of the box. The inside is not all that pretty due to just needing it to fit and work. Did very little cable management but looks ok. Heck, I think for 5 hours of work, it turned out pretty darn good. :D

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jun 2013 21:47 - 26 Jun 2013 21:49 #31553 by Wingcmdr77
Very pretty! Jealous big time. That looks elite man!!! B)

Nice to be able to resume some great parts and use some you've won!
Last edit: 26 Jun 2013 21:49 by Wingcmdr77.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SpeedBump

More
27 Jun 2013 04:25 #31557 by renegade
What lan? Where is it?

More
27 Jun 2013 07:44 #31558 by SpeedBump

renegade wrote: What lan? Where is it?

www.facebook.com/LanInTheHighlands This. I been going here for the last 4-5 years. More of a family reunion feel to it. Small, very laid back. Fun time.

More
27 Jun 2013 22:36 #31562 by Myndmelt

We have 1876 guests and no members online

supportus