uTorrent Opens Up Apps

More
13 Jul 2010 01:44 #7082 by garfi3ld
torrentfreak.com/utorrent-opens-up-apps-...er-challenge-100712/

BitTorrent Inc. released the SDK for uTorrent Apps today, allowing developers worldwide to code their own Apps for the popular BitTorrent client. To motivate developers into contributing their creations, the company has also announced a challenge with a $1000 prize for the best App to be submitted during the coming month.

Im unsure what I think of this. I would love to see some integration with apps that could help hide your ip's. But the last thing you need is to add more bloat to my torrent program

Wes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jul 2010 01:52 #7083 by Nacelle
Replied by Nacelle on topic Re: uTorrent Opens Up Apps
Yea, that way they can integrate the virus' right into it.

More
13 Jul 2010 01:55 #7084 by Twodavez
Replied by Twodavez on topic Re: uTorrent Opens Up Apps
Why worring about hiding your IP Address, the government will always know what's going on, or could just shut off the torrent sites all together...

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
13 Jul 2010 01:57 #7085 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Re: uTorrent Opens Up Apps
im not worried about the government, its the RIAA and the MPAA that are the pain.

Wes

More
13 Jul 2010 02:02 #7087 by Twodavez
Replied by Twodavez on topic Re: uTorrent Opens Up Apps
garfi3ld wrote:

im not worried about the government, its the RIAA and the MPAA that are the pain.

I don't see any difference between going to the library and checking out a DVD for free and taking it home to watch and downloading a DVD and watching it once and deleting it. OK they get the initial $15.00 for the purchase of the DVD from the library, but what about the 100's of people who get it for free from the library and don't spend the money to buy it?
They just need to be happy people still spend $8.50+ a person to go to the movies! And if a band wants more money. TOUR!!! it's the quickest way to make money, plue people wanna see you perform, not just listen to you on the radio.

Ok, got a little off topic there, but it's stuff i've been thinking about lately...

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
13 Jul 2010 02:10 #7088 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Re: uTorrent Opens Up Apps
oh i agree, i always make sure I support movies and music that i truly enjoy. If its crap, no way

Wes

We have 1277 guests and one member online

supportus