Onlive?

More
28 Jun 2010 15:34 #6844 by Wingless92
Onlive? was created by Wingless92
Anyone get the free year of service? I did, plan on using it just for demo's for upcoming games. Kinda cool IMO but not going to pay for anything. Played LEGO Harry Potter for a bit, seemed to work pretty good. Guess we will see for a FPS.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jun 2010 15:44 #6845 by Dreyvas
Replied by Dreyvas on topic Re: Onlive?
The only way I would ever even consider it is if I wanted to play games on my netbook. I paid a lot of money for my desktop for a reason, and see no reason to pay for a service that performs much worse than my local system and has to use bandwidth to do so.

/rant

More
28 Jun 2010 15:56 #6847 by Wingless92
Replied by Wingless92 on topic Re: Onlive?
I hear ya, like i said, using it for demo's and such. When my free year is up it's getting cancelled.

More
28 Jun 2010 16:34 #6849 by drpain
Replied by drpain on topic Re: Onlive?
I've seen screens of Unreal Tournament 3 and they are below sub-par, ugly textures and just didn't seem like anything to talk about. The whole pricing structure is also pretty bad because you never "really" own anything and just seems like a rental place.

I guess it has its place for people who don't know about computer but still want to play the games or the console kids but I think for use techies it isn't going to fly.

/2cents

Custom Built: AMD Phenom II X4 3.0GHz/G. Skill 12GB DDR3 1066Mhz/Crossfire ATI 6850's/3TB HDD

Macbook Pro: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66GHz/4GB DDR3 1066MHz/Nvidia Geforce 9600M GT 256MB/320GB HDD

Xfire: drpain
Steam: drpain
Live: Ocar
PSN: BillyBananas

More
17 Jul 2010 06:21 #7197 by Jolly-Swagman
Replied by Jolly-Swagman on topic Re: Onlive?
Yeah , i saw this little while back , and a little disapointed only available to USA

We have 1253 guests and one member online

supportus