Water Cooling Niche Market?

More
30 Apr 2010 19:47 - 30 Apr 2010 19:53 #5171 by garfi3ld
To keep the other topic on topic lets talk about water cooling here.

I think this is a niche market that is limited to a very very small number of people. What does everyone else thing

Wes
Last edit: 30 Apr 2010 19:53 by garfi3ld.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Apr 2010 19:51 - 30 Apr 2010 19:53 #5173 by Oh4sh0
niche* /spelling nazi.

Yep, that pretty much sums it up. For high end applications it may not even be feasible much longer to include video cards. OTTOMH I can't think of how many rads would be required to successfully cool an i7+2x480s, but I would think it'd be somewhere around 2x(3x120's).

To keep your processor stable under over-clocking though is really why WC'ing exists. So as long as you can over-clock, and stability is gained by WC'ing, I think you'll continue to see enthusiasts seeking it as an option. Doesn't really make set for budget minders who aren't interested in over-clocking, or the avg. consumer, as it doesn't provide a benefit otherwise (other than reducing dbs).
Last edit: 30 Apr 2010 19:53 by Oh4sh0.

More
30 Apr 2010 19:55 #5174 by technobear
I agree i think it is a niche market now.. but with more and more of these self contained water cooled systems i think its going to slowly become more of a mainstream thing... active air cooling used to be " for extremists"

how long until these self contained units are the norm, and moderate gamers ( like most of us) are using liquid units, while the JJ's of the world are using the next extreme tech?

We have 1359 guests and no members online

supportus