I think I have room to improve still !!!!

More
30 Apr 2010 16:34 #5139 by jj_Sky5000
this is a older score form last year. So if I update my CPU to the 980x and add another 280 ( i can get one hell of a score). What do you think?

Vantage score

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Apr 2010 16:48 #5145 by Wingless92
Dude, that would be crazy. Do I see a bit of Dry Ice in your future? I would love to do that at a LAN coming up. " Is your CPU hot? Try Dry Ice!" I have seen a bunch of people do it. Dry Ice is cool cause it goes from a solid to a gas so you don't have to worry about frying your motherboard.

Regardless. I would like to see a 980X on Dry Ice, 3 280's watercooled and a vantage score. And your favorite CPU temp program showing the temps.

Hell, i'll even buy the dry ice.

More
30 Apr 2010 17:46 #5154 by Twodavez
At the Indiana Tech LAN JJ was still considering getting his coolant license so he could use the Freon and stuff they put in freezers and AC units to cool his PC. He's going to have to buy 3-4 seats at each LAN just due to power consumption!
Keep it up; just make sure you put "LAN OC" on the PC, to help advertise for the cause! :-)

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
30 Apr 2010 17:55 #5157 by garfi3ld
im not seeing your score JJ, just the record that was set on the 21st

Its going to take some cash to hit the records. Did you see the new record breaker from yesterday?

two 6 core cpus and 4!! 480's

Wes

More
02 May 2010 01:10 #5230 by Twodavez
What a cool job! Lol
No seriously, just having all the supplies and backing of a company to build some insane system to break records!

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
02 May 2010 01:14 #5231 by garfi3ld
no kidding, they get to destroy whatever parts they want in the name of breaking records. The company's love it because if they break a record with their parts they can market a part as the worlds fastest.

Wes

More
02 May 2010 04:11 #5233 by Twodavez
Are you ever going to get to that level, or is that something you'd even like to do? I'm sure it's more work than we think because i'm sure they have to show results and if they break something, write a big report on why it broke so that the engineers can build something better next time...

More
02 May 2010 04:50 #5237 by garfi3ld
Eh, well i enjoy messing around but thats way beyond what I would be able to do.

Wes

We have 1230 guests and no members online

supportus