Problems with my Intel board

More
27 Apr 2010 02:10 #4926 by Daveyo
I had some issues with my intel board and have been talking to the intel rep, Jeff, to get it resolved.

We were having problems with getting the sound part of the motherboard to show up at all, and decided to update the bios. Went to intel.com and found the recommended bios update and proceeded. Now we have a dead board. Went through all emergency procedures with no recovery. The intel forums, for the motherboard dg33tl, are flooded with "Ive installed this bios update and now my boards dead."

Jeff has been very quick with responses to my emails, which suprises me since I am not a big business or anything, and says he is working with the engineers to resolve the issue.

I'll keep you guys posted on how it is handled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Apr 2010 02:19 #4928 by Twodavez
good luck, Jeff's a cool guy, i'm sure he'll get you taken care of.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
27 Apr 2010 02:43 #4931 by garfi3ld
Im glad Jeff is helping you out, keep us up to date. This just goes to show you how far a good company will go to help its customers

Wes

More
27 Apr 2010 05:00 #4940 by Davey_Boy
Daveyo wrote:

I had some issues with my intel board

There's your problem right there :P

More
27 Apr 2010 12:19 #4941 by technobear
starkiller1 wrote:

There's your problem right there :P

:blink: Generally speaking its my experience that intel hardware is some of the most reliable hardware on the market. For IBM clones.. :blink:

More
27 Apr 2010 14:10 #4942 by Davey_Boy
umm...it was just a joke? haha I just like AMD better so I like to make fun of ppl when their Intel stuff doesn't work :P
I apologize for my humor that no one seems to catch ;)

More
27 Apr 2010 14:14 #4943 by technobear
oh! LMAO sorrry took you literally...

i dont KNOW you so humor is sometimes hard to see ;)

More
27 Apr 2010 14:22 #4944 by Oh4sh0
Yeah intels are pretty reliable..

But sound problems where the device doesn't show up in the listing, or shows up with a "Device failed to initialize" error in DM usually indicates a bad board.

More
27 Apr 2010 15:36 #4946 by Wingless92
I have never bought a Intel branded board but out of all the computers that I have built Gigabyte and Asus are the boards that I use. Asus just makes a great product from the builds that I have done with them.

Dave - Let us know how it turns out. I updated the BIOS on my board before I put Windows on it. Good thing that I have 2 BIOS's on the board just in case one fails.

More
28 Apr 2010 02:27 - 28 Apr 2010 02:28 #4962 by Oh4sh0
Intel makes the chipsets on most intel boards.. so they're probably the most likely to be reliable.
Last edit: 28 Apr 2010 02:28 by Oh4sh0.

More
28 Apr 2010 02:34 #4963 by technobear
Oh4sh0 wrote:

Intel makes the chipsets on most intel boards.. so they're probably the most likely to be reliable.

Generally speakign yes..

But its my experience its more of a matter of compatibility, and support.

Install windows on a intel board an most of the drivers are already there. and if theyre not.. itll atleast work pretty darn good. Plus Put an intel cpu on an intel board running an intel chipset is kind of like making sure to use OEM parts on your car..

as soon as you grab that japanese knockoff carburettor and throw it on your Viper... its liable to start actin strange.

More
28 Apr 2010 15:39 #4978 by Oh4sh0
The drivers won't be any different then buying from a different vendor, such as Asus or Gigabyte. Same chipset = same Drivers. They might use different Gig-E controller providers, etc., but I don't think there's really any difference for most vendors. Almost all (if not all) use Realtek sound and Marvell Ethernet.

More
28 Apr 2010 15:44 #4980 by technobear
let me clarify.. windows traditionally has had better support for intel devices than other manufacturers.. Intel is just their standard. So, off of a clean install straight from the disk.. Windows will have more functional devices on an intel board than most others..

in my experience

More
11 May 2010 02:59 #5670 by Daveyo
After a few weeks of emails and troubleshooting ideas, he had his engineers working on it to see if they could replicate the problem and solve it for others.

They couldn't recreate the problem in the lab so he has sent me a new board and chip.

Jeff is the man, and Intel rocks!

More
11 May 2010 04:14 #5673 by garfi3ld
wow and a new cpu!?

Wes

We have 1170 guests and one member online

supportus