Time for my phone upgrade

More
23 Apr 2010 23:43 #4656 by garfi3ld
Ive been waiting impatiently for the incredible to be announced and released. They timed it perfect with my phone upgrade. The only bummer is I have to wait until May 5th, and the phone comes out on April 29th. Anyone want to get it for me for my birthday?

www.engadget.com/2010/04/19/droid-incredible-review/

Wes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Apr 2010 00:00 - 24 Apr 2010 00:01 #4659 by Leonresevil2
Happy birthday Wes (in advance, I know it's not today)!
The phone looks great, makes me even more jealous. I updated my contract and phone just before the Droid came out, and I wanted that a lot more than what I got (Alias 2). At least I have some good phones to expect when my contract ends. The technology should be amazing then. I bet the wait will be hard, but it will be worth it.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.
Last edit: 24 Apr 2010 00:01 by Leonresevil2.

More
24 Apr 2010 01:37 #4675 by Davey_Boy
Leonresevil2 wrote:

Happy birthday Wes (in advance, I know it's not today)!
The phone looks great, makes me even more jealous. I updated my contract and phone just before the Droid came out, and I wanted that a lot more than what I got (Alias 2). At least I have some good phones to expect when my contract ends. The technology should be amazing then. I bet the wait will be hard, but it will be worth it.

Don't be knockin the Alias 2 ;)

I kinda like that phone haha mainly cause currently I can't afford to get a data plan for a smart phone...else I'd get a droid or blackberry ;)

More
24 Apr 2010 04:36 #4686 by Dreyvas
garfi3ld wrote:

Ive been waiting impatiently for the incredible to be announced and released. They timed it perfect with my phone upgrade. The only bummer is I have to wait until May 5th, and the phone comes out on April 29th. Anyone want to get it for me for my birthday?

www.engadget.com/2010/04/19/droid-incredible-review/

Do want..

*drools*

At least I'm rocking Android already, though. :)

More
24 Apr 2010 13:42 #4689 by MurDerFace
how much and when can u get it

Werd up home slice

More
24 Apr 2010 18:26 #4714 by J_E_R_O_M_E
Yeah looks like a pretty sweet phone. I currently have the Droid. Also I'm getting ready to start working at a local Verizon store so we'll see what deal I may be able to get on the incredible for a work phone. Definitely looking like a sweet phone.

I highly recommend the Droid as well.

"Where ever you go, there you are"

Battle.net: J_E_R_O_M_E
Steam: J_3_R_0_M_3

More
24 Apr 2010 18:57 #4721 by Leonresevil2
starkiller1 wrote:

Don't be knockin the Alias 2 ;)

I kinda like that phone haha mainly cause currently I can't afford to get a data plan for a smart phone...else I'd get a droid or blackberry ;)

It may be that mine is bad, as I have talked to other people that seem to like it and have no issues. Or maybe I just notice it more. It seems to lag everywhere, doing anything. Maybe the RAM is bad, since I have had it crash and reboot while doing things (once just by leaving it open for 30 minutes on the home screen). But, I've gone to the Verizon store and complained, and had no help. I wanted to exchange it for a different phone, but all they had was cheap junk. I'd have to pay $600 plus get a different contract to get a Droid, and it's just bad customer service in that situation. I would love to get this Incredible, and if it comes to Sprint, I'll probably go with that. That will be awhile though. Stupid contracts.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

More
25 Apr 2010 01:41 #4732 by garfi3ld
have you replaced the phone?

I have had them send me refurb a few times. If you change a phone out three times you can complain and ask that they change your phone to something similar.

The Incredible fixes all of the problems that the droid does have, and that camera is just badass.

Wes

More
25 Apr 2010 21:47 #4770 by Leonresevil2
I haven't replaced the phone (and didn't know about the 3 replacement deal), they told me to go to some special Verizon place to get the firmware updated or something. It just all sounds like... crap. And if I went to now, they'd probably say they couldn't do anything because I don't have a warranty. I knew I wouldn't be breaking the phone, but if it's broken (not physically) out of the box, that sucks.

I can just deal with it and wait. I don't use it much anyways.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

More
25 Apr 2010 21:51 #4771 by garfi3ld
just call and complain about it, when they tell you that you need to upgrade the firmware ask them to ship you one because its to far of a drive to the store.

Wes

More
25 Apr 2010 22:03 #4774 by Leonresevil2
garfi3ld wrote:

just call and complain about it, when they tell you that you need to upgrade the firmware ask them to ship you one because its to far of a drive to the store.

Ship a new phone? Or is the firmware available on portable media?

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

More
25 Apr 2010 22:48 #4782 by technobear
threatening to leave phone companies scares them theyll hand you over to the "retention" department and alot of the time youll get a better deal..

More
30 Apr 2010 05:19 #5116 by garfi3ld
ok picked it up today, more to come soon!

Wes

More
06 May 2010 18:34 #5531 by Leonresevil2
garfi3ld wrote:

I've actually seen some people with the Incredible, I want one now. Only problem I've heard of is battery life.
So, can we expect an official review? Or post?

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

More
06 May 2010 20:26 #5547 by Twodavez
A little off topic, but is it just me or is the picture of the phone make the person who is holding it's thumb look HUGE?!?!?!? :blink:

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
06 May 2010 20:43 #5548 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic Re:Time for my phone upgrade
Leonresevil2 wrote:

garfi3ld wrote:

I've actually seen some people with the Incredible, I want one now. Only problem I've heard of is battery life.
So, can we expect an official review? Or post?

While Wes is probably too in love with his phone to give an unbiased review ;), hopefully Verizon will send us a sample to take an honest look at

More
06 May 2010 21:19 #5552 by garfi3ld
Twodavez wrote:

A little off topic, but is it just me or is the picture of the phone make the person who is holding it's thumb look HUGE?!?!?!? :blink:

its not just you, now that you pointed it out I am scared

I am hoping we can get a full review of the phone up but I will give you a quick couple notes here

Good
-Fastest phone I have ever used
-Screen looks amazing, very crisp.
-Multi touch works great, the touch screen in general is of the highest quality. Much better than my storm
-50,000 apps.. need I say more!
- 8MP camera takes amazing shots, you even have the capability to adjust anything you would like. Nothing like any other camera phone
-FM radio

Bad
-My battery life has been almost unusable, I expected it to be bad. I mean this phone has more power than some PC's. Because of that HTC really should have used a better battery than the same one from the Droid Eris (1300mAh. A few people have already found out that a few other HTC phones have 1500mAh batterys and they fit.. If you have them already why go with the smaller battery on your flagship phone? This is even more important when the battery is coming from a phone that people already complain about battery life..

-Although the camera is amazing, its still not perfect. Some low light photos do come out grainy. Still much better than any other camera phone on the market.

-Lastly, the downside to the amazing screen is its visibility when outside in direct sunlight. The screen is unusable when in mid day direct sunlight. Of course this only effects me when i walk out of work or take the dogs out. But if you worked outside all of the time you would have some issues.

Verizon sent out a new battery to me, It came in today. I'm hoping this will fix some of my issues. I know and expect the battery life to be bad, but the problems I am having are worse than they should be.

Wes

More
06 May 2010 22:09 #5557 by J_E_R_O_M_E
On the battery issue, make sure you are closing the applications when done using them I know I made that mistake and battery just drains in hours.

That is the main issue with the droid line is no auto shutdown of some apps. Also the bluetooth and wi-fi use a ton when on. Might be some of the problems.

Other than that, yes they should have put a better battery in there from the get go.

Have fun..I love my Droid

"Where ever you go, there you are"

Battle.net: J_E_R_O_M_E
Steam: J_3_R_0_M_3

More
06 May 2010 22:27 #5560 by garfi3ld
The first program I installed was Advanced Task Killer. I tried everything to save battery power..

I only used the phone on two 15 min breaks and my hour lunch at work. I kept Wifi, sounds and vibrate,GPS, and bluetooth off. After each use I turned 3g off, turned the backlighting off, and even went as far as making sure to check and close every service running using the build in function. Even when doing ALL of that the phone would die in less than 8 hours.

Today I turned it off in between breaks and charged it for 45 min in my car on lunch while using it and right now I have 9% battery left.

Keep in mind all of that time I never made a phone call ether.

The battery gets almost burning hot when doing something as simple as reading the FML widget for 10 min.

BTW, I still LOVE the phone. I just have to get this issue fixed. If the battery they sent me doesn't fix it, I will pick up an extended life battery and continue to enjoy it :)

Wes

More
06 May 2010 22:47 #5562 by technobear
do you leave your PC on at home? because all day long you appear as either online or away. meaning soemting is keeping you alive for msn and google chats.

More
06 May 2010 22:50 #5563 by garfi3ld
i leave my pc on at home

Wes

More
07 May 2010 02:47 #5570 by garfi3ld

Wes

We have 1295 guests and one member online

supportus