Post up your Keyboard +like/dislike

More
18 Apr 2013 05:05 - 27 Apr 2013 04:46 #30395 by garfi3ld
Post up a picture of your keyboard and tell us what you like and dislike about it. I know there are a few people with cool keyboards on here. I'm curious what everyone has and what they think about it

Wes
Last edit: 27 Apr 2013 04:46 by garfi3ld.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Apr 2013 05:08 #30396 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Post up your Keyboard
I will go first, I am currently using a Logitech G510s for testing and its been a while but the Max Keyboard X8 full Custom is what I consider my normal keyboard.

I love the custom lighting and the keyswitch layout that I picked out myself.

What I don't like is its software. When using this Logitech for example I get a peak at how good the software could be, not that I use the software much.

Wes

More
18 Apr 2013 07:50 #30401 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic Post up your Keyboard

SteelSeries Shift. The Ideazon Zboard was my first gaming keyboard and honestly, my first gaming peripheral that I ever purchased. SteelSeries acquired Ideazon and improved on the Zboard with the Shift, so in a way its a tribute. Also, big reveal here, I'm a huge SteelSeries fan. Functionally, I love the size of the board especially the wrist rest. I keep my keyboard flush with the edge of my desk, and the wrist rest is the perfect with that. Ironically, I don't use different keysets very often, which is one of the big features of the Shift. I do collect the keysets though, for both the Shift and the Zboard (big reveal #2, I'm a collector).

More
19 Apr 2013 03:35 #30414 by Wooderson
Replied by Wooderson on topic Post up your Keyboard
I use the Microsoft Sidewinder X6! I like this keyboard a lot. The volume knob is easier to use because of its excessive size which was a feature I thought looked goofy at first. The amount of features the board supports and the detachable number pad are awesome. The only thing I hate is there are no risers to angle the board. That's just stupid not to include. All in all its a solid gaming keyboard.

Check out Wes's review
lanoc.org/review/input-devices/1359-micr...dewinder-x6-keyboard

I kill CPU's
Attachments:

More
19 Apr 2013 03:39 #30415 by garfi3ld
yeah that was a great keyboard. I know why they didn't put the risers, but it was still a bummer

Wes

More
20 Apr 2013 15:01 - 20 Apr 2013 15:02 #30436 by Plague
Replied by Plague on topic Post up your Keyboard

I am currently using this keyboard on my game system. I wanted the extra button, but am still having to force myself to use them. LOL Mine is back light is green.

I still have this keyboard on the cube on the desk, I pretty much still love this keyboard I am a big natural keyboard fan.

This is the keyboard I use to game while I am on the couch using my 109in screen with my projector. It was probably about the most I have ever paid for a keyboard and mouse, but it works great.

Thank you google image search for the pictures. LOL
Attachments:
Last edit: 20 Apr 2013 15:02 by Plague.

More
20 Apr 2013 16:58 - 20 Apr 2013 17:05 #30438 by cytog64
Replied by cytog64 on topic G15
I have been using the Logitech G15.
My rule for mice and keyboards is that I use them until they fail.

I have had this keyboard for nearly 5 years and it is still going strong.
With a red/orange light up it is great in low light. The USB cable is reinforced so it puts up with abuse easily.

It seems these are not made any more : )
Last edit: 20 Apr 2013 17:05 by cytog64. Reason: pic

More
23 Apr 2013 09:29 #30453 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic G15
Thank you guys for the posts so far. I'm still very interested in seeing more. It helps me understand what everyone likes in their keyboard and what to look for as fas as issues on future reviews.

Wes

More
23 Apr 2013 11:00 - 23 Apr 2013 11:00 #30458 by Arxon
Replied by Arxon on topic Post up your Keyboard
Last edit: 23 Apr 2013 11:00 by Arxon.

More
23 Apr 2013 22:12 #30463 by garfi3ld
what do you like/dislike about it

Wes

More
24 Apr 2013 14:58 #30473 by L0rdG1gabyt3
Replied by L0rdG1gabyt3 on topic Post up your Keyboard

Its a board of keys. Things happen when I push them that correspond with the symbols on the keys.
Not much more to say about this one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: garfi3ld

More
26 Apr 2013 04:49 #30489 by garfi3ld
FANCY

Wes

More
26 Apr 2013 22:49 #30497 by Fildy
Replied by Fildy on topic Post up your Keyboard
I have this keyboard, but a bit older of a model and with the green and red keycaps.

I'm a bear, put your head in my mouth.

I cry at night
Attachments:

More
26 Apr 2013 23:13 #30499 by garfi3ld
what do you like/dislike about it fildy :D

Wes

More
27 Apr 2013 04:37 #30507 by h4lt
Replied by h4lt on topic Post up your Keyboard
Razer Blackwidow
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kelf

More
27 Apr 2013 06:52 #30509 by Arxon
Replied by Arxon on topic Post up your Keyboard
Sorry. What I like about mine is it is mechanical, sturdy, only partially back lit. What I dislike is the front edge height. I find myself sometimes holding down the control key with my palm while gaming.

More
27 Apr 2013 08:15 #30511 by Fildy
Likes - Mechanical, Sturdy, Colored Keycaps, and Penguins
Dislikes - Click Clack, Click Clack, Click Clack

I'm a bear, put your head in my mouth.

I cry at night

More
29 Apr 2013 10:06 - 29 Apr 2013 10:08 #30529 by Rhythmatic

CMStorm Quickfire Rapid Cherry MX Blue.

I love this keyboard. It's tenkeyless, which I got hooked on after using the Microsoft Sidewinder X6 and its detachable keypad. I found that I really didn't need the numpad (mine just gathered dust for 2+ years), and I enjoyed having more room on my desk. Mechanical switches are amazing, and I really like the rubberized texture coating the shell. Another benefit is the lack of bright LEDs (like for Caps Lock, etc.) that are always on, as I find stuff like that distracting. When they are on, they're RED (good for dark rooms/at night), and are pointed up, not at my eyes. When it's plugged in via PS/2, you can press pretty much every key at once. I also enjoy the fact that it's not backlit, but that's just me, since I know a lot of people want that.

Some main issues I have with this keyboard would definitely be the whole "Fn" key fad. I had to get used to using them for my volume keys (as I don't have speakers with a built-in volume knob). In a perfect world, I would have the chunky dials that the Sidewinder X6 has.

Also, I purchased this keyboard prior to their revision, so mine has logos everywhere. I also bought the Cherry MX Blue model, because it was on sale. Looking back, I should have bought the MX Brown version. The blues are just a bit too loud for my girlfriend (especially when I get into a long typing session, she'll remark with a "CLICKACLICKACLICKA! What could you be typing?" comment. As a matter of fact, she just did! Hahahahahaha!

I have also found that Cherry MX Blues are bad for games like Stepmania, or anything requiring hyper-accurate timing. There's a very tiny window of actuating the switch vs. bottoming out the key, and the sound of it can distract from the beat of the music. I think Browns (or even Blacks, but I don't like linear keys) would be the better choice in this case.

Finally, I dislike the cable. It's a stiff, removable, braided cable (which I can replace), that features a Mini-USB style connector for connecting to the board. I have had it disconnect on me once which required a reboot. I have also heard reports of the connector going bad because of the stress put on it. I like that newer versions are coming with full-size USB style connectors, but I'd rather just have a normal cable; I can see the benefits to a replaceable cable, though.

I think if I ever replace it, it'll be with a tenkeyless CMStorm Stealth Brown. Ohhhhh yes.
Last edit: 29 Apr 2013 10:08 by Rhythmatic.

We have 2281 guests and no members online

supportus