Out Of Ideas, and Need Some Tech Support

More
06 Dec 2012 20:26 #28553 by Wooderson
So I don't usually bug you guys for tech support, but I'm running out of ideas. A coworker's Toshiba Satellite is on the fritz. Upon startup it states "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press any key" I checked the boot order in bios and I put the hard drive first but that didn't work so I set the DVD drive first followed by the hard drive. Neither worked, So I took the hard drive out and hooked it up to my PC. No issue there it was recognized and I scanned it for viruses using Malwarebytes. It found 4 and I deleted them. I then reinstalled the hard drive into the laptop and attempted to return the system to factory settings using hard drive recover. After I click OK to the "this is what I want to do" option. It loads windows files and starts to show windows starting, but then the laptop restarts and I'm back to the "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press any key" Thanks for any assistance!

The lap top is a Toshibia Satellite P745-S4102, and is running Win 7 Home Prem OA

I kill CPU's

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Dec 2012 02:00 - 07 Dec 2012 02:01 #28555 by Wingcmdr77
According to the internet the release date was Feb of This year. So it should still be under warranty? Maybe have him call Toshiba Tech Support? Unless he bought it from someone or a short Refurb Warranty?
Last edit: 07 Dec 2012 02:01 by Wingcmdr77.

More
07 Dec 2012 02:35 #28556 by Wooderson
Thanks for the reply Wingcmdr77! I thought that would be the best answer. Its just not everyday I cant fix things for people, but I think this is hardware related unfortunately. Thanks again.

I kill CPU's

More
07 Dec 2012 06:01 #28557 by Lersar
If it's still under warranty I would probably go that route, definitely not do anything that would void it. Have you check the BIOS, particularly the changing the IDE/AHCI settings?

We have 2136 guests and no members online

supportus