When you Should Dust your Computer.

More
13 Aug 2012 03:11 #27071 by Brandonxcore
I have the GTX 295 CO-OP, and everybody knows it gets hot and uses tons of power, but it serves it's purpose, and i've noticed it has been idling really high, around 50-60 degrees Celsius, and I don't even wanna tell you what it has been when i'm gaming, but anyways, today, while doing web browsing, I got artifact, paniced, shut down my computer, and opened it, to realize I haven't dusted it out in a while, I took my graphics card out, and popped the top off to only find it caked with dust. I dusted it completely out, and now i'm idling around 35*C and gaming around 50*C, huge difference, seriously avoided the death of my GTX 295 CO-OP.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Aug 2012 19:05 #27127 by Twodavez
I know i've asked this in the past and got some good feedback. Most people typically rebuild their PC's often enough that they do a full scrub at that time (every 6 months or so), i try to take off the fan from my CPU cooler (it's pretty honkin' big) and clean out the fins of the radiator every LAN OC or other larger event. I figure it's going to be butted against another PC piping out hot air and i should have the best chance of keeping my PC cool if it's dust free. I haven't noticed too much in my GPU and haven't even taken it apart, although i'm sure it could use it...
What would it take to have a PC Clean station set up by a vendor at a LAN? How much would you pay to have a professional take apart your GPU and clean it out for you. I'd drop $10 for his/her 20 min of work. I'd just pop out my GPU, take it over to them, they'd clean it out and bring it back to me. It's a good chance for someone who feels confident enough in their skills and experience to make $30 an hour at a LAN (Minus supplies of course)...
It could be a semi-annual thing for us part time gamers who enjoy the sport but do'nt upgrade ever time a new card comes out, so our current rig gets DIRTY!!!
Just an idea for anyone out there interested in making a little extra gas/food money at the next lan. My Video card needs a cleaning!

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
14 Aug 2012 21:07 #27130 by evildoer
Potential Sponsor Alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.facebook.com/dustoffgaming/app_192229990808929

I've heard in the past these guys have actually showed up to offer free professional cleaning services.

Me.. I just use my air compressor.

More
14 Aug 2012 21:19 #27132 by garfi3ld
a little late but I filled it out, not sure if it actually submited though. Clicking submit opens up a new tab with their website but doesn't show any conformation on the original page.

Wes

More
14 Aug 2012 21:19 #27133 by garfi3ld
scratch that, got a conformation email :)

Wes

More
24 Aug 2012 20:25 #27500 by Twodavez
Did we ever hear back from these people? since i'm putting in a new video card, it might be a good time to get in there and clean up the motherboard and all the nooks and crannies that dust bunnies live in.
Wish we could get a canned air sponsor, we had monitor wipes last time (which were really great and worked well). Any company could provide them from walmart to office depot, it wouldn't have to be Air, Inc sending the product!
I know it's late now, but it might be a good sponsor for the future!

FREE STUFF!!!! :woohoo:

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

We have 1681 guests and no members online

supportus