Who knows ITX?

More
29 Apr 2012 03:22 #24842 by Hasbeen
Who knows ITX? was created by Hasbeen
I know many of us here have and/or desire the behemoth sized systems with enough fans to hover and enough water tubing to plumb a small house, but at least some have experience with the smaller more compact systems. I want to hear your advice and/or ideas about the ITX form factor. I want to learn from the rest of you before I attempt to build one this summer, or perhaps even change my mind entirely. I’ve always been more interested in the smaller systems; I actually hate the super-sized full towers out these days. I know full towers have their own benefits just as the smaller systems have their own draw backs, but I’ve set myself on having one of these “shoe-boxes.” Furthermore, I just finished reading/watching reviews on the new ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe, and with its inclusion of features found in many of the larger ASUS MBs I’m looking forward to it even more. So let me hear from ya, and I might just have to thank ya for the input when/if I get around to building it. ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Apr 2012 06:02 #24844 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Re: Who knows ITX?
I've been really into Mini ITX builds for years now. I actually have the P8Z77-I Deluxe here in the office. Expect that review to be up very very soon. Testing is already finished

Wes

More
29 Apr 2012 09:38 #24845 by Hasbeen
Replied by Hasbeen on topic Re: Who knows ITX?
I'm looking forward to your review :) So any advice when choosing things like the case, cooling solutions, and such? I'm kinda wanting to just scavenge parts of my current pc, but it's not set in stone.

More
29 Apr 2012 21:35 #24848 by evildoer
Replied by evildoer on topic Re: Who knows ITX?
ITX thermals have always been pretty scary. For every one good design, I see probably 10 bad. Silverstone Sugo series is OK, Thermaltake LAN boxes are mediocre.

I'm going to be building an ITX box for myself in a case that's yet to be launched. But launch isn't that far away.

I'm under verbal NDA, I can't discuss specs, but I can tell you that a prototype of a new bit fenix chassis is the third case in the link below. Pricing will be awesome.

vr-zone.com/articles/bitfenix-shows-off-...-itx-case/14692.html

Bit Fenix cases are pretty nice. Even the cheapie MERC series.

More
29 Apr 2012 21:59 #24849 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Re: Who knows ITX?
Yeah My top three currently are

LianLi
Silverstone Sugo's
and Fractal cases

But I also like that Bit Fenix case that Evildoer mentioned

Wes

We have 1199 guests and one member online

supportus