Don't use your PS3?

More
01 Mar 2010 18:05 #2257 by Lersar
Don't use your PS3? was created by Lersar
"Sony said a bug with the console clock was responsible for the serious technical glitch, which has left thousands of PS3 owners unable to connect to the PlayStation Network.

It has warned PS3 owners not to use their games console until it has issued a fix to resolve the problem."

"As you may be aware, some customers have been unable to connect to the PlayStation Network today," said Sony in a statement. "We believe we have identified that this problem is being caused by a bug in the clock functionality incorporated in the system.

"We hope to resolve this problem within the next 24 hours. In the meantime, if you have a model other than the new slim PS3, we advise that you do not use your PS3 system, as doing so may result in errors in some functionality, such as recording obtained trophies and not being able to restore certain data.

"We are doing our best to resolve the issue and apologise for any inconvenience caused."

"The glitch first came to light overnight, as the internal clock and calendar on the PlayStation 3 switched from February to March. Many PS3 owner reported that their console clock had reset itself to Dec 31, 1999 or Jan 1, 2000.

Others said that they had been unable to access or play content downloaded from the PlayStation Network and, in some instances, discovered that their trophy and achievement data had been corrupted or deleted.

It is not yet clear whether the patch will reinstate or fix this trophy data."

www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/sony/7346...-PS3-warns-Sony.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Mar 2010 19:45 #2260 by Davey_Boy
Replied by Davey_Boy on topic RE: Don't use your PS3?
psh! That's why you get an xbox lol but that would suck :/

More
01 Mar 2010 22:19 #2264 by NitrosDragon
LOL @ SONY

[nahy-trohs-drag-uhn]
DISCLAIMER: If my reply offends you, I probably did it on purpose

More
01 Mar 2010 23:28 #2267 by Tim
Replied by Tim on topic RE: Don't use your PS3?
Yeah i heard about this last night. At the moment my PS3 is bricked. Hope it's fixed soon so i can continue playing Assassin's Creed 2. Good thing I already finished playing the Saboteur for review so that should be up later this week. Still waiting for fix......:(

~Tim
My mom says I'm cool.

More
02 Mar 2010 02:07 #2269 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic RE: Don't use your PS3?
"PlayStation 3 owners affected by the dreaded 8001050F error, it may be safe to turn on your systems again. Reports from users locked out by the system's clock bug are indicating our day-long nightmare is finally over.

Reader tips, forum posts and tests at Kotaku Towers are indicating that the PlayStation 3 has "fixed" itself as of 3:30 PST, with no software update required. Sony officially blamed a bug in the system's internal clock for the error that rendered numerous PlayStation Trophy-enabled games unplayable and limited the use of PlayStation Network downloads."

via Kotaku

More
02 Mar 2010 15:54 #2279 by Tim
Replied by Tim on topic RE: Don't use your PS3?
Mine got ninja fixed. It was up and running by about 8pm last night.

~Tim
My mom says I'm cool.

We have 1551 guests and no members online

supportus