God of War Case Mod

More
More
02 Feb 2010 17:51 #1962 by Twodavez
Replied by Twodavez on topic RE: God of War Case Mod
Is there a line between case mod and art project? some of these seem like art that happens to have a PC inside of it...
Pretty cool though

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Feb 2010 20:17 #1963 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic RE: God of War Case Mod
I agree. I'm not sure how much of his own creation went in to it, at one point the article even says its 'stuffed in a manequin'. Still, I suppose as long as he installed a working computer in it. You can see some glowing LED lights in the picture. It'd be cool to know if and how he implemented certain parts of the PC, like the DVD rom and power button for instance.

More
03 Feb 2010 00:58 #1969 by Twodavez
Maybe it's just a lame attempt to make a cool Case mod like when we put that small PC in a box in the pumpkin... I had planned on a motherboard to rest in it and everything. I even got a old shuttle PC torn apart to stick in it, but i couldn't find a big enough pumpkin. Maybe next year i'll succeed.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
03 Feb 2010 01:16 #1970 by Dreyvas
Replied by Dreyvas on topic RE: God of War Case Mod
Lol, I can't believe you compared your pumpkin mod to that.

More
03 Feb 2010 02:54 #1971 by Lersar
that pumpkin mod was bad ass

More
03 Feb 2010 05:19 #1972 by Dreyvas
Replied by Dreyvas on topic RE: God of War Case Mod
Lol yeah, just not in a God of War sort of way.

More
03 Feb 2010 15:18 #1973 by Twodavez
Well and it wasn't as incorporated as say the stand up video game cabinet that ended up winning. Anyone can take a computer case and stick it in a car and say they have a CAR PC mod, but they made it so the controllers worked and even had the original TV's which made it that much more AWESOME. And JJ gutted the radio and fit everything in. But if i hook up my PC in the trunk of my car and say it's a case mod, it's not that cool. unless i can use the horn to double click things and the screen projects onto my windshield...

More
03 Feb 2010 15:47 #1974 by Lersar
exactly... and actually that would be really cool.

i'd lmao if that's what service had in mind for 6.0 and you just spoiled it ;)

More
03 Feb 2010 16:25 #1980 by Twodavez
Who's service?
And i'm not sure Wes would let anyone pull their car into the building anyway to game off of it. We'd all die of carbon monoxide poisoning! Not very LAN friendly, but it would be cool...

More
03 Feb 2010 16:52 #1983 by Slash_Fury
Replied by Slash_Fury on topic RE: God of War Case Mod
Hey Twodaves, I'm Service :P Also, holy crap. You get bonus points from me. You accurately predicted what I was originally going to use for my next case mod, haha. I've since changed ideas and the new idea is still under wraps, but for my car mod idea, it was a little more intricate than just shoving a computer in the trunk, haha.

My good ol' cohort (Narke) and I had originally decided that we wanted to utilize a computer within a car. Obviously, as you pointed out, it need to be more than just having a computer in a car. So, the plan was to remove my stereo deck and replace it with the guts of a netbook. To make it actually be useful, we had planned some of the following:

1) We'd also purchase one of those touchscreen mods that are available to make the computer easier to use.
2) We'd wire up a speaker system in the car (Probably would replace the car speakers with a Logitech system) for use as a music player/movie player
3) Purchase various sensors and incorporate existing ones so that you could display diagnostics on the computer.
4) Had we the funds, we wanted to get some sort of GPS for the computer to utilize.
5) Use an OCZ NIA for additional hands-free control of the computer.

We had a few more ideas in there along with having more of the fleshy details, but it's been a while since we had talked about it. Our new project is going to take a while and it's possible we might not have it ready for 6.0, but I'll see what we can do :)

More
03 Feb 2010 17:42 #1985 by Twodavez
Wow, i'm really sorry to talk about it, althougth i really had no idea what were you planning, so it's not like i outed your idea on purpose! :-)
I have a friend who took the PC part of a laptop where the monitor had broken and mounted it under his passager seat in his car, then he took a touch screen and mounted it where you'd typically have a radio and ran everything off of it, he did get a GPS module for it and uses it for everything from Radio to movies to his GPS. So i have seen that done before. It's like the new cars no-a-days already have that with gigs of memory to load CD's and USB's, but this was before all that.
I like coming up with details for big ideas, i'm just bad at coming up with the big idea to start with. Good luck on whatever you make, they've always been good, so i wouldn't worry about it being done by 6.0, i'm sure if it's functional, it'll do good!

We have 1772 guests and no members online

supportus