RE: PS3 Jailbreak?

More
24 Jan 2010 17:50 #1860 by Lersar
PS3 Jailbreak? was created by Lersar
kotaku.com/5455340/iphone-jailbreak-pion...s-hes-hacked-the-ps3

From Kotaku:
"Me no speakum hackese, but it sounds like the guy who gave us the iPhone jailbreak claims to have finally hacked the PlayStation 3.

Without specifying how (and explaining it to me would be like reading Siddhartha to a dog, in Klingon), George Hotz says he pulled it off after five weeks of work with 'very simple hardware cleverly applied, and some not so simple software.'

Hotz says he's not revealing his exploit yet. While it "isn't really patchable ... they can make implementations much harder." Wonder if this portends a fast firmware update to snap it shut. That is, if it really has been hacked. But Hotz's cred in this realm is pretty solid. Interesting."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jan 2010 05:44 #1861 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic RE: PS3 Jailbreak?
nice, I bet Sony is getting a little nervous wondering how he did it

Wes

More
25 Jan 2010 06:35 #1862 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic RE: PS3 Jailbreak?
Sony is a little different... he may find his door kicked in by a bunch of men in black suits

More
26 Jan 2010 07:08 #1865 by Lersar
His hack allows for pirated and third-party software to be used on the PS3, btw

More
27 Jan 2010 13:32 #1877 by Twodavez
Replied by Twodavez on topic RE: PS3 Jailbreak?
I thought there was already a way to burn your own games that were borrowed from friends on the interenet. I thought my friend had a burner that Sony was getting the company who made them to stop selling them because they could burn the games. but maybe that was for the Wii. I can't get them all straight anymore. PC for the WIN!

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
27 Jan 2010 15:46 #1880 by Lersar
Yeah, I've never been much in the console pirate market anyway, so i'm the same way. I know that you could sign in to someone's account on you PS3 and download content to your system that they bought but only a certain number of times. Since the PS3 uses direst USB and a straight-up 2.5" hard drive, I can see where some data was getting ripped. But I think this break will allow people run things like emulators and such. He is being pretty discrete about details.

More
27 Jan 2010 22:03 #1899 by Twodavez
Replied by Twodavez on topic RE: PS3 Jailbreak?
Yeah, emulators are about the only reason i'd get a console. It was great back on the the regular XBox!

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
06 Sep 2010 19:46 #8992 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic Re: RE: PS3 Jailbreak?

tigeredwards wrote: Finally, the ps3 jailbreak comes real. People who support Sony will still use the original disc. Some people like me want to enjoy the convenience and the flexibility of the new stuff, will try it. I ain't worry Sony will block those users. I think there will be new fireware to fix the problem. I got an email from an online store. They have this thing. I'm considering to order. www.gadget-asia.com/en/home/world-s-firs...k-plug-and-play.html

Link is safe. Nothing personal tigeredwards, we're just a little hesitant about new accounts posting external links. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little concerned that one of your first posts was advertising a purchase though.

We have 1924 guests and one member online

supportus