I know the problem!

More
23 Dec 2009 16:20 - 23 Dec 2009 16:22 #1629 by Lersar
I know the problem! was created by Lersar
I've been in the process of helping Misty's parents upgrade their old eMachines, and in the process I've run across a few amusing things. One of which being my future father-in-law explaining to me the problem with their computer. They have one of those computer desks in which the monitor sits on top and the tower goes in a little cubby hole underneath. Before he knew I knew anything about computers, he came over when I was checking it out an told me he knew the problem. He said "the problem isn't down here", motioning towards the tower, "this is fine. Not a problem here. The problem is here," waving his hand in a circle around the monitor. "Something in here is making it go slow," he says, still talking about the monitor. He then wanted to clarify it for me again, motioning once more to the tower, defending it and blaming his computer problems on the monitor. The main reason I was there at the time? To fix their CD drive. He also went on to tell me that their Internet was slow because their hard drive was so full. It wasn't even half way.

Thought you guys would not only find this amusing by could also sympathize.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Dec 2009 17:54 #1630 by Reaper
Replied by Reaper on topic RE: I know the problem!
People have literally started asking me for computer advice with the following opener:

"My Microsoft isn't working, what should I do?!"

To which, my head typically wants to implode.

More
23 Dec 2009 18:03 #1631 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic RE: I know the problem!
this is still one of the best storys ive heard. I can really picture someone saying that

Wes

More
23 Dec 2009 18:15 #1632 by Twodavez
Replied by Twodavez on topic RE: I know the problem!
I always knew the monitor was a major bottleneck for processing power! Glad i have someone else out there who agreee :-)
But just think, without people like that, we wouldn't need IT people!

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
23 Dec 2009 20:13 #1636 by LinkyPwns
Replied by LinkyPwns on topic RE: I know the problem!
lol that was super funny lersar!

More
23 Dec 2009 23:07 #1641 by NitrosDragon
Thank him for guaranteeing my job security!

[nahy-trohs-drag-uhn]
DISCLAIMER: If my reply offends you, I probably did it on purpose

We have 1273 guests and no members online

supportus